Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Just_Pete View Post
The ships start doing their Transatlantics back over around late September to November. I am booked on Harmony of The Seas TA from Barcelona back to Port Canaveral for October 31st.
Thanks Pete for all the information. I will certainly do as you suggest. I never thought of looking at Iglucruises. We booked our cancelled holiday this year through our TA at Virgin. We should have been on the Symphony of the seas right now.

The other one in 2017 was on Independence of the seas. We really enjoyed it.

Last year we had 2 weeks on Carniva Conquest, and I'm afraid to say it was the worst holiday we have ever had.
Thanks again James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks Pete for all the information. I will certainly do as you suggest. I never thought of looking at Iglucruises. We booked our cancelled holiday this year through our TA at Virgin. We should have been on the Symphony of the seas right now.

The other one in 2017 was on Independence of the seas. We really enjoyed it.

Last year we had 2 weeks on Carniva Conquest, and I'm afraid to say it was the worst holiday we have ever had.
Thanks again James
I've only done two myself, Disney Wonder, and then last year a Med cruise with Oasis Of The Seas, but truly got the cruise bug, should have had 4 this year but all cancelled.

Ahh yes, my friends who got me into cruising live in Florida, and sail with DCL regularly, and when I did the Wonder Cruise with them they were very anti Carnival whenever we saw them around the ports, and very snobby. But from my research I would say they were justified. Certainly with most of their fleet. The upcoming Mardi Gras looks like it might be the start of a new era for them!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

The funny thing is, our daughter got married on the Carnival Sensation back in 2001 in Tampa. The crew were really nice and helpful. I think we expected it to still be the same. But I suppose things change over 20 years.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

The funny thing is, our daughter got married on the Carnival Sensation back in 2001 in Tampa. The crew were really nice and helpful. I think we expected it to still be the same. But I suppose things change over 20 years.
I think all cruiseline have unfortunately. Even on my staples I notice the difference between 10 years ago. The trouble is some of the lines (Carnival especially from the reviews I've read) have really really changed! I've never tried one but its not top of my list I love Disney cruises but have found that they are definitely starting to get more expensive than I think they are worth based on their level of service. That said I should be sailing the Atlantic with them now (they cross from Dover in September most years) which I claimed was going to be my last cruise. I've now moved the cruise to next May so we shall see
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I think all cruiseline have unfortunately. Even on my staples I notice the difference between 10 years ago. The trouble is some of the lines (Carnival especially from the reviews I've read) have really really changed! I've never tried one but its not top of my list I love Disney cruises but have found that they are definitely starting to get more expensive than I think they are worth based on their level of service. That said I should be sailing the Atlantic with them now (they cross from Dover in September most years) which I claimed was going to be my last cruise. I've now moved the cruise to next May so we shall see
We've never been on a Disney cruise. DW mentioned it last year, but when we looked at the price it just seemed a bit more than we expected.

But then after the Carnival cruise I wish we had gone with Disney instead.
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

We've never been on a Disney cruise. DW mentioned it last year, but when we looked at the price it just seemed a bit more than we expected.

I would say the service on Disney is impecable. The prices are steeper because of the quality of the entertainment but yeah they are getting way steeper than I think even that's worth it. Even I'm being put off and I was a huge Disney fan!
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Disney are usually double the price per day than most other cruise lines.

The service must be absolutely top notch though to warrant the price.

I've only been on RC ships though so I can't compare.

I'd rather have 2 RC cruises

Edited at 04:47 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We’ve done 2 Disney cruises and a p and o cruise. There is a significant difference in the quality of the Disney cruise but I’d struggle to ever justify the cost again.
We did the 2 when we paid kids prices and could use dvc points to offset the cost.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

Yes we loved our RC Cruise. I would like to try a Disney Cruise, but not sure I could warrant paying the price.
Old 8 Oct 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

Yeah price wise I'd say its pretty close to not being worth it for me. The extra money is for the entertainment, service and food all of which I think are better than Cunard (one of the other ships I sailed and enjoyed which is definitely cheaper). Disney used to only be about 10-20% more than other cruiseline and that was reasonable. Now I think they are getting more and more expensive and this definitely puts me off. I do want to try some other cruiselines like RC as I think there can't be that much difference anymore as the food has definitely gone downhill and the service. I feel its probably only the entertainment that is still above others just because its Disney but that doesn't justify such a high premium.