Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Oct 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

7 Month Window for August 2021

Have almost finalised our bookings for our rearranged trips from this year

4 nights on I-Drive
2 Nights Vero Beach
4 Nights Boardwalk
1 night Jambo Concierge
5 nights Old Key West
5 nights Copper Creek (our home resort - we haven't stayed here yet since becoming members - managed to pick up missing 2 days from walkers)
Took a fair bit of effort overbooking, chopping and changing bookings to get everything to line up.

Need to confirm my holiday with work this week then get the BA flight/car packaged rebooked with the voucher from this October.

Fingers crossed.

Have another placeholder for September at Copper Creek just in case the May trip doesn't happen. Great to have a flexible product that we can use to our advantage.

Edited at 03:52 PM. Reason: Changed title
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done, sounds a good trip especially the Vero Beach bit.

We are still mulling over when we can fit that Resort in to our plans.

Big decision day for us yesterday and we have 'sold' 294 Points to our Son for £9 each and he has dumped his stay at Pop Century in April and with our deal has saved a grand. Everybody happy.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

How do you feel about next year Mr Tom?... Have you booked?..will you be happy with the current restrictions?...I am so on the fence..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
How do you feel about next year Mr Tom?... Have you booked?..will you be happy with the current restrictions?...I am so on the fence..
I probably have a different view than most people but of course we are all different.

In my mind worrying is self destructive and gets nowhere so I like to have firm plans and take a chance. However I make sure that if my plans fall apart I am not out of pocket.

Due to losing 3 holidays in 2020 we are awash with Points for 2021 and as things stand we have just shy of 2000.

So we have already booked the following
10 days in March
28 days in May
28 days in Aug/Sept

Finally we are going in October for 3 weeks but are mulling over that date and is the Granddaughter coming with us.

Letting our Son have Points and doing an October booking will still leave us 100's of Points to Bank.

What will be will be and we will either stick to our plans or amend them.

Finally I feel Americans will ditch masks at the earliest opportunity. My view is they are a waste of time anyway.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Sounds like good advice...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well done, sounds a good trip especially the Vero Beach bit.

We are still mulling over when we can fit that Resort in to our plans.

Big decision day for us yesterday and we have 'sold' 294 Points to our Son for £9 each and he has dumped his stay at Pop Century in April and with our deal has saved a grand. Everybody happy.
We took a drive down to Fort Pierce before we were members and dropped into Vero for a look about. We were impressed with the space and sereneness, lovely beach there with a good selection of rentable stuff.

Good deal for your son!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip.

I have Xmas booked, don’t think will happen. Have a hotel booked in Lanzarote as a potential backup if they reduce quarantine.

Have Miami Beach and Grand Floridian booked for Easter- not too confident now. If can’t go will punt that flight into Xmas 2021. There’s some time to that though and vaccine may be rolled out to most at risk by then in both countries.

Have West Coast US and New Orleans and Vegas booked for end of July. Hoping to get a Grand Californian booking again for that. 75/25 for that will go ahead at mo, if not that flight is moved to Florida for Easter 2022.
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Would love to snag a Grand Californian booking, we want to do longer in San Diego next time.
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Would love to snag a Grand Californian booking, we want to do longer in San Diego next time.
I need it for early August so will start a walk for a 1 bed mid December.
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

We are planning a trip end of May for 2 weeks. My biggest concern is
a) Masks, I am not willing to walk around in a muzzle that have been proven over and over pointless against any virus, not what they were designed for. I need to breath and I cant breath in the things. Neither do i want to breath back in the toxins my body is trying to expel when i'm breathing out.
b) I am not having any DNA changing vaccine, so if we are required to have that to travel then Im not going.
I love Disney but I am not prepared to play this covid game that gives away my rights and freedoms just to go.
Praying that the 30,000 plus doctors and scientists that are trying to get the world opened up again (as whats happening is causing far more harm than covid) can actually make a difference.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List