Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Oct 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Linked 2020 tickets for 2021 - risky?

We have 2020 Disney/SeaWorld/Uni tickets from Orlando attraction tickets, paid for and linked for reservations because we originally thought we may be able to go in October.

So, we're replanning our trip for sept 2021, which falls within the validity of those tickets.

But in case next year falls through, OAT can't let me use their ticket guardian insurance once 'tickets have been retained for future use' and can't update them to 2021 because they were linked. They said they may try to do something for us next year if something went wrong, but can give no assurances.

Ideally, I want to keep the tickets, but instead I've requested proof of my flight cancellation from virgin (which they say they can do, though technically I changed it to an open ticket when HHN was cancelled, before the actual flight was cancelled) to get a refund now with ticket guardian.

So I'm thinking to get new tickets on deposit for £200 more just to derisk the whole thing :/ though I won't be able to make park reservations for a while then.

Do you think this is what you would do, in this situation?

Edited at 10:13 AM.
MissCellaneous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Also, I've seen one other company mentioned that does insurance for their linked tickets? Maybe that would be a good option 🤔
Old 2 Nov 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Tumbleweed thread

In case it helps anyone else, I got my letter from Virgin, and I've decided to return my Orlando Attraction Tickets tickets (losing my deposit and postage costs I guess) and repurchase more expensive 2021 tickets from Attraction Tickets using their flex plus insurance - that way I can still pay that balance when I get my refund, meaning I can link the Disney part and do reservations - knowing I can still get them refunded later if I need to. To be honest, the current 2021 AT price seems as good as OAT even with Flex Plus.
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
Tumbleweed thread

In case it helps anyone else, I got my letter from Virgin, and I've decided to return my Orlando Attraction Tickets tickets (losing my deposit and postage costs I guess) and repurchase more expensive 2021 tickets from Attraction Tickets using their flex plus insurance - that way I can still pay that balance when I get my refund, meaning I can link the Disney part and do reservations - knowing I can still get them refunded later if I need to. To be honest, the current 2021 AT price seems as good as OAT even with Flex Plus.
We have just done the same. Good to get the £10 off each one with the Dibb code above too.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I kept our 2020 tickets for 2021 - have to be used by end of Sept.

Disney told me that although the tickets may expire, if not used they would still honour the value as a credit to more tickets, or hotel reservation etc.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List