Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Geoff. Going to look very different this one. As you say a bit strange the spider is hidden away, wonder why?
You are going to run out of storage room soon!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
So I've now started the Old Fishing Store.

Rather than show you a blow by blow build. I thought I would just concentrate on the result of each bag with one or two detail shots.

Bags 1 - this created the foundations of the building:

Buried in the foundations ia rather large web with an equally large spider:

Bags 1 completed:

Some detail - the rocks:

There are also 4 characters:

Hi this looks fantastic was thinking of buying it for my brother for xmas, have you any idea how big it will be when finished. Thank you
Old 22 Sep 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
...You are going to run out of storage room soon!
Build a Lego store room? Sorted!

Geoffa, You've built lots of amazing models (they're always fascinating to see); there's something about this one ...I especially like it!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Bags 3 today - and hopefully, Gryff, you'll see where the details start to fit in.

So door and window for the shop go in. Love the "Gone fishing" notice:

Next we construct and fit the hinged wall - love the gas pipes and pressure gauges and the water taps for a hosepipe:

When the wall is opened you can see into the shop area. You can just about see the spider's web under the flooe on the right through the arch:

The shop has a newspaper vending machine:

The little office has a tiled floor, a desk with drawers, a lamp, a newspaper and a fitting for a swivel chair:

Swivel chair fitted - remember its for a Lego figure - they sit somewhat differently to humans!

Caught fish hang from the walls and a board advertises boat rentals:

The shop counter and stairs up to the office:

Beach and outdoor planks:

Bags 3 finished:

Edited at 10:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Geoff it's taking shape beautifully but I'm. A girl who loves a list a plan a blue print even a recipe and as has been said manyna time love a plan when it all comes together and as a crafter know sometimes things look as though they are just not going to take shape but do
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Geoff it's taking shape beautifully but I'm. A girl who loves a list a plan a blue print even a recipe and as has been said manyna time love a plan when it all comes together and as a crafter know sometimes things look as though they are just not going to take shape but do
What I'm loving Helen is the way the planking and the planks on the walls are haphazard. If you lookvery carefully by the shop door the small green pieces are deliberately not straight. Now that is detail!

I'm finding this model to be much satisfying the the faff and fiddle of Big Ben and Parliament.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I can see how it will be more satisfying than something that's so precise Ian's just said when we face timed he's at a MCO I've seen what I want in the Lego store for,y Birthday /35
Anniversary ( same day so he sgot no excuse to forget ) and it's this Tasha (GD ) will love doing this with me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Wow this set has some really lovely details.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Geoff. It's looking more and more different to the 'norm' every step. Going to be really nice when done.
I must stop looking at these lego threads as I have new boxes stashed away unopened and now have the urge to build them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I’m loving the details in this set.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List