Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Hogwarts Castle -display box or ideas/

Hi
My 13 year old DS got the Hogwarts Castle set for christmas and he has nearly completed building it - he's been working hard on it since boxing day and I think he'd build throughout the night if I let him!
Just wondering if anyone has this set? and if so, where do you keep it? I'd be grateful of any ideas. I've seen the display box online for it, but it costs £120! I wouldn't mind paying for a glass display cabinet but can't seem to find any the right size. Or is the display box the only way to go? He has a little sister age 3, and although she's been very good so far letting him build it downstairs and not messing with the pieces, I think if we had it open on the sideboard that temptation to mess with it would become too much for her
It's such an amazing set, we'd love to display it downstairs, in the hall, living or dining room.
Thanks
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Hi
My 13 year old DS got the Hogwarts Castle set for christmas and he has nearly completed building it - he's been working hard on it since boxing day and I think he'd build throughout the night if I let him!
Just wondering if anyone has this set? and if so, where do you keep it? I'd be grateful of any ideas. I've seen the display box online for it, but it costs £120! I wouldn't mind paying for a glass display cabinet but can't seem to find any the right size. Or is the display box the only way to go? He has a little sister age 3, and although she's been very good so far letting him build it downstairs and not messing with the pieces, I think if we had it open on the sideboard that temptation to mess with it would become too much for her
It's such an amazing set, we'd love to display it downstairs, in the hall, living or dining room.
Thanks

Was just going to suggest the idisplayit display box... they are acrylic, expensive (£132) , but are really well made - we have one for another model (which was considerably cheaper - but so was the lego! )- Wall-e which sits on the dresser in DDs room.

We are still building the Hogwarts and will go for a display box to put on the sideboard. (and hopefully a post-build light set which will probably end up costing the same or more from Brickstuff.com - they are currently in development - their lighting kits are really showstopping, can't wait... but I have to...)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks I will end up buying the display box probably - I've just sat it on the sideboard for now (keeping a careful eye on our 3 year old DD!)
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We don’t have a LEGO castle but I’ve been looking for a way to display my partner’s Millenium Falcon, so THANK YOU! to those who recommended idisplayit That’s one birthday present sorted!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
We don’t have a LEGO castle but I’ve been looking for a way to display my partner’s Millenium Falcon, so THANK YOU! to those who recommended idisplayit That’s one birthday present sorted!
There going to start doing coffee tables for the falcon
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I have mine on a shelf in the living room (next to the Disney castle &#128540 Away from dd 3 and ds 5! Haven’t quite finished it yet though.
Just need to dust it every now and then. I also have a little set of battery operated lights in the castle which look very good.
We will have to get one of the coffee tables for dh’s MF

Edited at 02:43 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I have mine on a shelf in the living room (next to the Disney castle &#128540 Away from dd 3 and ds 5!
Just need to dust it every now and then. I also have a little set of battery operated lights in the castle which look very good.
We will have to get one of the coffee tables for dh’s MF
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your shelf? All the ones I've seen aren't big enough
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your shelf? All the ones I've seen aren't big enough
Ours aren’t big enough really, it hangs off a little bit.
Ikea floating shelves, they were there before I got the castle and we rotate what sets we have on them.
But you could just make your own and get shelf brackets.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Ours aren’t big enough really, it hangs off a little bit.
Ikea floating shelves, they were there before I got the castle and we rotate what sets we have on them.
But you could just make your own and get shelf brackets.
Yeah - my Dad's really good with DIY (DH isn't!) he'd sort it no probs
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

It would fit better if the Disney castle wasn’t next to it.
Dh has stolen the other shelf for his Star Wars stuff.

All my modulars have been religated to our bedroom!