Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Mine's still in the box, it's been sitting waiting for 3 years now to be built I just know how much dust will get on it if I have it on display... my Wall.E is covered, and I hate it when you take them apart and have to clean all the pieces before it goes back in the box

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
Mine's still in the box, it's been sitting waiting for 3 years now to be built I just know how much dust will get on it if I have it on display... my Wall.E is covered, and I hate it when you take them apart and have to clean all the pieces before it goes back in the box
That’s why we have the cover from iDisplayIt over our castle. Fairly expensive but I knew I’d want the castle out for a long time so figured it’s worth the cost.
This reminds me, my Wall-E really needs a clean!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
That’s why we have the cover from iDisplayIt over our castle. Fairly expensive but I knew I’d want the castle out for a long time so figured it’s worth the cost.
This reminds me, my Wall-E really needs a clean!
Compressed air duster and a small 1/4" paint brush works wonders to clean of dust. That's what I use to clean my Star Wars lego sets including the Millennium Falcon.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Compressed air duster and a small 1/4" paint brush works wonders to clean of dust. That's what I use to clean my Star Wars lego sets including the Millennium Falcon.
I start off with good intentions and do that but leave it long enough and it doesn’t always want to budge
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I daren't go anywhere near DH's Lego with the duster, honestly as soon as I even get close something drops off!
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
I daren't go anywhere near DH's Lego with the duster, honestly as soon as I even get close something drops off!
The castle is particularly flimsy as they sacrificed strength and rigidity for accuracy. I am glad that mine is under glass. It is, however a fabulous model that gives me a great deal of pleasure when illuminated in the corner of my room.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

It's beautiful!
Not sure I'd have the patience (or the dexterity in my hands) to complete it but I my grandson would absolutely love it
May I ask where you bought it and how big is the finished model?
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
It's beautiful!
Not sure I'd have the patience (or the dexterity in my hands) to complete it but I my grandson would absolutely love it
May I ask where you bought it and how big is the finished model?
I bought mine off of Lego, direct from their website.

I can absolutely assure you that any person can build it. The parts are very carefully bagged in small quantities for the various sections of the extremely clear instructions. You just have to be patient and place each brick correctly, having counted the ‘nobs’ on the bricks. You can find the instructions online.

I would honestly say that an an average 6 year old with patience would have no difficulty at all... as long as you place each brick correctly.

It might take you a couple of days.

The beauty of this model is that it will inevitably be retired and then will inevitably increase in value, should you get bored and wish to sell it. All I would say is keep all the parts, the box and the instructions.

Be brave!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I bought mine off of Lego, direct from their website.

I can absolutely assure you that any person can build it. The parts are very carefully bagged in small quantities for the various sections of the extremely clear instructions. You just have to be patient and place each brick correctly, having counted the ‘nobs’ on the bricks. You can find the instructions online.

I would honestly say that an an average 6 year old with patience would have no difficulty at all... as long as you place each brick correctly.

It might take you a couple of days.

The beauty of this model is that it will inevitably be retired and then will inevitably increase in value, should you get bored and wish to sell it. All I would say is keep all the parts, the box and the instructions.

Be brave!
Thank you so much for your reply cornishfrogboy I'll have to see if I can find one online and grandson and I can do it together
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List