Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Feb 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
emactatty
Gone all Goofy

Help Please - Have replanned about a million times!

Hi all , hope some lovely Dibber's can help me out, I going round and round in circles trying to plan our trip in August (2 adults, 3 kids, 5, 10 & 15) Is this too much/too little – too scattered ? We are staying POR and will not have a car.

Arrive late afternoon/early evening on the 11th - No plans but maybe Epcot EEH if anyone is up to it
12th - EPCOT Full Day - Breakfast @ Akershus, Dinner QS (older ones to MK for EEH)
13th - MK Lunch @ BOG – Should we book MNSSHP today or next week?
14th – NO PLANS – Rest Day
15th – HS morning / Hotel afternoon / Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare
16th – Waterpark Full Day / Disney Spring / HS for EEH – Sons Birthday and he wants to do Waterpark!
17th – MK Morning / AK afternoon / Dinner @ BOMA/Rainforest Cafe
18th – AK Breakfast @ Tusker / EPCOT evening
19th – HS – Breakfast @ H&D / MK EEH
20th - MK Breakfast @ CP – MNSSHP?
21st – Transfer to Universal for 4 nights
Thank you for reading, E x

Edited at 02:37 PM.
emactatty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

We’re a few days behind you except we will be staying at Disney till the 29th.

Official dates for MNSSHP have yet to be released but it didn’t start until the 16th last year and that was the earliest date ever so I would expect the week after.

Also planning a rest day so early on whilst jet lag is your friend (you’ll be up early) seems a little bit of a waste.

My plan is a bit heavier than yours at the moment 2a 1c, but our afternoon park plans are negotiable dependent on our exhaustion levels across the 2 weeks our mornings cover all of the parks.

Also just from experience a full water park day can be a lot of sun, I would be tempted to aim for open out by 2 rather than risk burns or stroke
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emactatty
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure the 1st MNSSH is on the 13th, but cant remember where I read it. I would rather it starts the following week though, so 🤞

Good shout re jetlag - will move the rest day back a bit

Edited at 04:42 PM.
emactatty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

There was a leaked set of dates about a month ago several sites all reporting with no source, however the Disney calendar released this week is showing 13th as 6:00pm close so it is likely..
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Have you been before?
I have a few little suggestions

We find it really hard to stay up late for the first few days of the holiday, especially in the summer as the humidity is very draining.

Therefore, I would think twice about planning any late night activities then. Actually I'm not a fan of EEH anyway and think using EMH is much more productive.

I wouldn't have a whole day as a rest day either. Perhaps just pop to a water park for a few hours.
Also, make your breakfast ADR's from the 18th, not too early.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
emactatty
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi, Yes we've been before but 5 years ago and it was April time so very different climate (I'm very nervous about the heat, dont mind the rain though). I was wondering if we would cope with heat and late nights! It will probably end up with myself and the little one spending evening at the hotel and the others going to evening parks.

I've been thinking that maybe instead of a rest day we actually use the day to go to the Space Centre instead?

Thank you for taking the time to reply, the more suggestions the better. xxx
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

We will be going in August and it is the first time we have tried this time of year and am also worried about the heat. I agree with Griff about finishing earlier. I know your son wants to do the waterpark on the 16 th but would see if he would change to a week day to do this... The water parks will definitely be much busier with locals on the weekend and it might not be so enjoyable (Maybe it could be moved o the 14th...We always treat a water park as a 'rest morning'.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't do CP breakfast on the same day as MNSSHP I think that would be far too long a day at MK
You'd be better having a lazy morning book an ADR for a nice lunch at DS than some late afternoon fast passes for MK before the pary starts
Still do CP as love the Character breakfast there swap it to the 13th as you will be waking early still with the jet lag
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
emactatty
Gone all Goofy

Thanks everyone , have taken comments on board and had a play around;

12th - Day @ Epcot , Evening @ Hotel
- Breakfast @ Garden Grill
13th - Day @ MK, Evening @ Hotel
- Lunch @ BOG
14th - Waterpark till early afternoon - Visit to Disney Springs
- Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare
15th - HS, Resort mid afternoon, Return for Fantasmic
- Breakfast @ H&V
16th - Free (Boardwalk/Springs)
17th - MK am - AK pm
- Breakfast @ CP, Dinner @ Boma
18th - AK am - EP for Epcot Forever?
- Breakfast @ Tusker
19th - HS am - MK pm
- Meals TBC
20th - MK
- Meal @ CRT

No doubt, it will all change again, ADR day is Thursday so will see what I can get

Edited at 02:03 PM.