Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

when was the last time you ought a lego kit?

I'm looking to buy one for the "boys" in the house to do and looking for recommendations?

My budget is no more than £200

Its times like this I miss Geoffa

BBx
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We last built Stranger Things - The Upside Down which was a good build!

The International Space Station and the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander may be our next set.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

The Lunar lander is def on the list (good call) and I like the saturn V rocket but not sure where that would go in the house.

Many thanks
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Last one I bought was just before chtistmas. I got the remote control parts for my holiday train and a £6 Star Wars mini set. Now saving up for the Star Destroyer to go with my other UCS sets.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
The Lunar lander is def on the list (good call) and I like the saturn V rocket but not sure where that would go in the house.

Many thanks
We have the Saturn V it’s one of my favourites. Ours is standing in a display case next to the TV

It doesn’t take up much space having it displayed vertically.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
We have the Saturn V it’s one of my favourites. Ours is standing in a display case next to the TV

It doesn’t take up much space having it displayed vertically.
Oh dear..I dont want wifee to see that photo
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Oh dear..I dont want wifee to see that photo
My husband is lucky that we both love Lego! We are in a one bed flat so have to be a bit more careful about how many sets we buy otherwise we’d run out of room. We have the Disney castle on top of the kallax in the right of that photo. I’d love the Hogwarts castle too but that would definitely take up too much space sadly!
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

lego/en-gb/product/p...-911-rsr-42096

Our son loves cars, so we bought him the Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR for Christmas. It took him ages to build it, apparently it was quite fiddly, which is good, keeps you entertained longer.

The only snag is we bought it from Asda and only paid around £96 and it came with a free Lego Technic 42093 Chevrolet. It's a lot more expensive now.

Edited at 12:45 PM.
Helen J is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

About 10 days ago . My grandsons birthday is April 10th and lego high on his list. Had to grab it quick before lockdown.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
My husband is lucky that we both love Lego! We are in a one bed flat so have to be a bit more careful about how many sets we buy otherwise we’d run out of room. We have the Disney castle on top of the kallax in the right of that photo. I’d love the Hogwarts castle too but that would definitely take up too much space sadly!
I'm tempted by the Saturn V (having seen one in Kenedy space centre) but may have to put it where the wifes flower vase is now. I'm sure she will appreciate the lego more