Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Apr 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I stretched the budget and my last was the Disney Castle. An amazing model that sits in a cabinet in my lounge, reminding us of happy times. Even the wife loves it.

For XMAS, I bought my wife ‘central perk’ from friends. She was underwhelmed. It is still sealed in its box!... for now.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

DD is building the Disney castle atm and sending me pictures daily. It looks amazing so I'm tempted to order the train now.
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I was underwhelmed by the train, as a build the train is good but the station was a tad disappointing. The castle was a much better set and steamboat willie is also a good set when done. It probably didn’t help that on my train both parts of the power system were broken and Lego were awful at sorting it (sorry!)
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
BB ask MH his wife bought him a Lego house to play with, with Lego little men and everything. Ask him how he got on!
We used to buy so many sets, bought my son a remote control Lego car which was built once and ended up in the charity shop!
Old 6 Apr 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

My son is desperate for the Roller Coaster. It’s £300! He has a part time job but is supposed to be saving for university. I’ve suggested he take 1 extra shift a week and save that specifically for the Roller Coaster. At first I thought he was crazy but then I seen it and OMG it looks amazing!
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
My son is desperate for the Roller Coaster. It’s £300! He has a part time job but is supposed to be saving for university. I’ve suggested he take 1 extra shift a week and save that specifically for the Roller Coaster. At first I thought he was crazy but then I seen it and OMG it looks amazing!
This video has inspired me to finish my Lego coaster I have about 1/3 left to complete.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve bought Hogwarts castle for my sons birthday next week, he’ll be 20🤣 but he’s been wanting to help his younger sister with her titanic model so I thought I’d buy him his own
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
How old are they and do they like football? If so I can highly recommend the Foco football stadium sets. They are mini bricks and take ages to build but really keep you engaged with them. We did Elland Road after Christmas and I'm seriously thinking of getting Wembley for us all to keep busy with over this period. They are discounted at the moment too.
I wasn’t aware of these sets but they would be a great present for my son, how big are they when completed?, are they suitable for an adult to do? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

This afternoons entertainment
Old 8 Apr 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

And here it is done...didn't take too long but it was priceless spending time with my son doing it.