Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We were on P&O Azura. Got 50% of the cost back for future booking so booked Britannia for January 2022 to see the islands we missed out on this time. Wasn’t planning on going then as I’m shortly retiring from NHS so didn’t think funds would allow but done it now
Well good for you! And surely everything will be back to 'normal' by then and you can really look forward and properly enjoy that cruise.
We have been looking at Britannia too, looks a lovely ship!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Well good for you! And surely everything will be back to 'normal' by then and you can really look forward and properly enjoy that cruise.
We have been looking at Britannia too, looks a lovely ship!
It is nice. Went on it a couple of years ago. Prefer it to Azura to be honest.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
It is nice. Went on it a couple of years ago. Prefer it to Azura to be honest.
Did our last cruise on brittania and I preferred it to Ventura , much more modern..
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We will cruise but not till 2022
now I guess as we have plans next year already. We have ‘lost’ 2 cruises this year, one on Britannia which should have sailed 19/4 and one due to leave on 4/7, just waiting for it to cancel.

I think there will be some changes, I can see the Buffett area having a major redesign.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

We have a cruise booked for April 21. Keeping everything crossed we can go as it doesn't look like we will have any holiday this year (as is the case for most I know)
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My next cruise is July 21. I’m thinking this year is probably a write off for cruises or Florida but I will go back as soon as I can with FCO lifting, insurance agreeing and money left.

Hopefully will get some good deals
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We had our first one booked for next week, TA on the QM2. We still wanted to do it so took the FCC and rebooked for the same trip next May. It will be my dh 50th and our 20th anniversary when we are on it. We were able to use our extra credit, along with a little extra from us, to upgrade to Queens Grill suite so will be gutted if it doesn’t go ahead.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Have an August Northern Europe Cruise booked on MSC Meraviglia with my sister and her family, but am fully expecting that to be cancelled/ready to just go ahead and lose the deposit, or change the deposit to another booking (if possible).

Also have a November cheeky Mini Med cruise booked on the Grandiosa, just as little mini break, that I was mainly going on to stay on the ship and take advantage of four days on board and the drinks package that came with it. Had also toyed with making it a b2b and tacking on the following 3 day cruise from it.

However as much as I would like this one to happen, and would be a nice thing to have to look forward to for when all this is over, given what I am hearing about Italy and their border plans, and with this cruise commencing from Genoa... I'm not hopeful now.

But when and if we can? I fully intend to carry on cruising, I'm a recent convert, and intend to keep the coming!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Im still booked for October and hoping to go. It will definitely be a different experience I feel looking at the measures most lines are suggesting they might put in like no buffets - no idea how DCL will work without a drinks fountain on deck lol
Old 1 May 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Im still booked for October and hoping to go. It will definitely be a different experience I feel looking at the measures most lines are suggesting they might put in like no buffets - no idea how DCL will work without a drinks fountain on deck lol
The most important measure that cruise lines will have to implement has been glossed over in the main and that’s social distancing. The only real way to do it would be to sail with a well below passenger capacity level, and given that cruise line’s profitability comes from on-board spend the virus is going to impact on economic viability for a long time to come. The only light at the end of the tunnel for cruising is a reliable antibody test and vaccine.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List