Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Disneyland 2020 General Planning and New Info

Hey guys, so as there are a few of us planning for Disneyland in 2020 when the parks reopen, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for any new info and general chat.

So to start

Disneyland YouTube Channels

Provost Park Pass

Fresh Baked Disney

Official USA CDC Website Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the United States Last Updated June 15

Official California Updates
Facebook Page of The California State Governor Gavin Newsom
Live Stream Press Conference 8pm UK Time Monday to Friday

UPDATE TUESDAY JUNE 9
Onsite hotels are now unavailable to book on Disneyland website

UPDATE Wednesday June 17
Information for AP holders on Disneyland website states that Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance, subject to availability.

UPDATE Thursday 25 June
Disneyland Reopening Delayed, No Rescheduled Date Announced
Downtown Disney Will Reopen July 9
Splash Mountain Rethemed to Princess and The Frog Announcement

UPDATE Saturday 25 July
Oogie Boogie Halloween Parties cancelled

2020 California Dibbers

Jessika Disneyland Hotel Check In August 25 Check Out August 30

sbuck93 Wyndham Anaheim Check In September 17 Check Out September 20

kllbc Candlewood suites Anaheim Check In October 7 Check Out 11 October

PumpkinCupcake Alpine inn Check In October 13 Check Out 15 October

Bad Pink Tink Desert Inn and Suites Check In October 24 Check Out October 29

gigglywink Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites Check In October 24 Check Out October 31

Vertigo Under The Sea Apartment in Pepperwood Check In October 31 Check Out November 4

mickeymouseears Universal Hollywood Check In November 28 Check Out November 30 Aulani (DVC rental) / Ginger Studio Kailua (VRBO)
Check In November 30 Check Out December 11 Paradise Pier Hotel Check In December 11 Check Out December 14

Sandraoh40 The Hyatt Regency Orange County Check In December 13 Check Out December 15

mikeclark007 Courtyard by Marriott (Theme Park entrance) Check In April 27 2021 Check Out May 2 2021

dozy Hotel TBC Check In May 29 2021 Check Out June 1

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks so much for creating this thread! 😍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Woohoo! Thanks for making 😁 means I’ll get email updates if any of us hear anything before the others.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

You are welcome

Also this is my preplanning thread for 2020 where I post updates about my trip

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1156435
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks!
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really hope I end up re-buying my (now refunded) park tickets from Undercover Tourist.

Disneyland is part one of our 2 part holiday mid-October that includes Universal Orlando en route back to the UK. I’ve pretty much given up on this park given there isn’t even any guidance on a tentative opening - especially seeing as the dining areas tend to be opening in other areas a good few weeks before the actual parks.

Given the likes of Universal Orlando are already open i could see some phased relaxing of their guidelines come October but if this park doesn’t even open until July / August then it’s going to focus on the locals and I can’t see us international travellers getting much of a look in.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Really hope I end up re-buying my (now refunded) park tickets from Undercover Tourist.

Disneyland is part one of our 2 part holiday mid-October that includes Universal Orlando en route back to the UK. I’ve pretty much given up on this park given there isn’t even any guidance on a tentative opening - especially seeing as the dining areas tend to be opening in other areas a good few weeks before the actual parks.

Given the likes of Universal Orlando are already open i could see some phased relaxing of their guidelines come October but if this park doesn’t even open until July / August then it’s going to focus on the locals and I can’t see us international travellers getting much of a look in.
We have similar plans, we’re going from Dublin on the 1st October for a two week road trip around California to include 2 days at Disneyland.We then tagged a week on to come home via Orlando for a week onsite stay in Disney.

I was getting nervous about the suspension of WDW tickets coming in for DL, so bought our tickets yesterday from undercover tourist so that I at least have them!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Official City of Anaheim Website

Anaheim and all of Orange County are now transitioning to stage 3 of reopening, based on new guidelines released by the state on June 5.

Theme parks are in Stage 3

City of Anaheim Twitter

twitter/City_of_Anaheim/...68147698647041

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

We currently have flights, accomodation & 5 day disney tickets booked for 24th to 31st October as have planned a short half term halloween break and were really hoping to do the oogie boogie bash as well. We have been before but will be our girls first trip to california (if it goes ahead), they will be 17 and 14 at the time so shows how long ago our last trip was so will follow this thread with great interest

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
We currently have flights, accomodation & 5 day disney tickets booked for 24th to 31st October as have planned a short half term halloween break and were really hoping to do the oogie boogie bash as well. We have been before but will be our girls first trip to california (if it goes ahead), they will be 17 and 14 at the time so shows how long ago our last trip was so will follow this thread with great interest
Hi and welcome

My rescheduled dates are for the same dates as you. Right now I'm expecting oogie boogie bash to be cancelled as it wouldn't fit in with social distancing guidelines. Disney seem to be cancelling events which bring in large crowds so that they can limit park capacity.

So much has changed since you were last at Disneyland California. The most noteable things are at California Adventures park. Carsland is amazing and the Pier area is now rethemed to Pixar Pier.

Tower of Terror is now rethemed to Gardians of The Galaxy and will be a feature of the new Marvel Land.

Bugsland is gone and thats where the new Marvel land is being built.

In the Main park,its all about Star Wars Galaxys Edge.

Maxpass is a paid version of the free paper Fastpass. I never use Max pass, I manage just fine with the free paper ones.

Mobile ordering at counter service is new as well, I used it in June 2019 and it really saved time.

What hotel have you booked?