Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Thank you, I think I’m just on the edge at the moment, I single handedly take care of my mentally ill mum and I think it’s really starting to take its toll and grind me down. I don’t feel like myself anymore and I just don’t feel like I can cope when I feel so bleak myself. I don’t know anyone in real life in my situation and it’s so hard to not have someone to confide in who understands.

The world has just gone downhill for everyone and it’s awful. I’m sorry about your lockdown and not seeing your children, it’s awful that this is reality. I hope things get better for you and everyone else too. 💜
Hi, you may already be aware, but as a carer you are entitled to a carers assessment to see if you need some support. This can be both practical support or emotional support such as counselling etc. Searching online, if you wish to have an assessment you need to contact the Adult Social Services Department at your mums local council.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
So I contacted the company that I had an interview with two weeks ago to see if there was any update. The manager replied saying that they had revoked the job offer as a member of staff that was due to retire, has decided not to retire, therefor there is no longer a job available... oh okay. I am gutted, it was a receptionist job, something I've always wanted, oh well.
I’ve applied for so many jobs up to now and that was the only interview I had. I’m desperately searching for ways to make money online at the moment, but I’m taking the day off to drown my sorrows in something strong. I know there’s people going through worse and I need to pull myself out of this, but with no job, no holidays, no days out because we are tier 3, no meals out because I’m not working, everything just feels pointless and bleak.
Sorry you didn't get the job sweetheart, don't be too disheartened...
Until the next one, their loss Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

How is everyone feeling after the lockdown announcement?
Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I can’t post the word I thought of as a reply to your question Marion, not on a family forum. Obviously we’ve been in lockdown for 5 weeks here in my part of Wales (local then fire break) and have one more week left. The thought of seeing DD when our restrictions were lifted was getting me through. Now she is restricted by England’s lockdown at her uni city. I agree with the lockdowns if they are helping the NHS and lowering the R number but why can’t these governments all work together to minimise the stress on people a little.

I’ve spoken to DD and she is happy with her friends there and is getting one lab session a week which she is finding very beneficial considering all other lectures are online so she will stay where she is. I agree with her decision but it’s still really sad and I miss her and our other son who lives 40 miles away. Thankfully he is in Wales so I’m only hoping that after this week we may be allowed by Welsh rules to visit him, although I’m not building my hopes up as Drakeford has not announced his new plans yet.

I know others are in a far worse position than me so I hate to moan, but you did ask 😂😂 It’s just so never ending it feels now, and I’m just not coping 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I can’t post the word I thought of as a reply to your question Marion, not on a family forum. Obviously we’ve been in lockdown for 5 weeks here in my part of Wales (local then fire break) and have one more week left. The thought of seeing DD when our restrictions were lifted was getting me through. Now she is restricted by England’s lockdown at her uni city. I agree with the lockdowns if they are helping the NHS and lowering the R number but why can’t these governments all work together to minimise the stress on people a little.

I’ve spoken to DD and she is happy with her friends there and is getting one lab session a week which she is finding very beneficial considering all other lectures are online so she will stay where she is. I agree with her decision but it’s still really sad and I miss her and our other son who lives 40 miles away. Thankfully he is in Wales so I’m only hoping that after this week we may be allowed by Welsh rules to visit him, although I’m not building my hopes up as Drakeford has not announced his new plans yet.

I know others are in a far worse position than me so I hate to moan, but you did ask 😂😂 It’s just so never ending it feels now, and I’m just not coping 😔
Aww Sue I'm sorry you're not coping very well 😢
It can't be easy when you miss your kids with all this crap going on, I do hope you get to see your son, the rules are so bizarre sometimes.

Don't feel you can't moan though, we've all got our stresses and some deal with it better than others.
The only thing that helps me is a good walk and trying to keep busy doing anything, even menial task.

I think it's getting harder for everyone the longer this crisis goes on and I don't know anyone that's not affected by it.
Sometimes a good old cry gets it out if that helps 😢

Moan whenever Sue 😉xx
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sue its so hard isnt it! I am at the point where I just feel like I am numb, its just same sh*t different day! Big hugs to you and everyone here x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I am sorry this is having such an effect on you It is ridiculous that the timing across the nations couldn't be coordinated (although I am glad we didn't wait as long as England to lock down as I think it is too late there personally). I don't think high up people think about people who live across the whole of the country though...

As for me, I am trying desperately not to let my anxiety take over again like it did earlier in the year. It is not easy and I really hate going out, but I am selfishly grateful for lockdowns as I am so scared of the virus... whilst also feeling really guilty for being happy about a lockdown that has such negative effects on other people. My head is a very confusing place sometimes!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Aww Sue I'm sorry you're not coping very well 😢
It can't be easy when you miss your kids with all this crap going on, I do hope you get to see your son, the rules are so bizarre sometimes.

Don't feel you can't moan though, we've all got our stresses and some deal with it better than others.
The only thing that helps me is a good walk and trying to keep busy doing anything, even menial task.

I think it's getting harder for everyone the longer this crisis goes on and I don't know anyone that's not affected by it.
Sometimes a good old cry gets it out if that helps 😢

Moan whenever Sue 😉xx
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Sue its so hard isnt it! I am at the point where I just feel like I am numb, its just same sh*t different day! Big hugs to you and everyone here x
Thank you both, it is good to be able and have a moan on here. I’m grateful that DD is happy at uni, she would like to see us and misses us of course but at least she’s coping and doing ok.

I’m finding it harder as the weather has been so bad these last few weeks I can’t even get out in the garden, which definitely helped me so much in the summer.

I know what you mean about the numb feeling too Louise, I honestly just sat in my chair all day on Saturday feeling numb and waiting for Boris to make the announcement which was no surprise as we all knew what he was going to say anyway.

Thank you both and big hugs to you both too as I know things aren’t easy for any of us right now 🤗 💕
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I am sorry this is having such an effect on you It is ridiculous that the timing across the nations couldn't be coordinated (although I am glad we didn't wait as long as England to lock down as I think it is too late there personally). I don't think high up people think about people who live across the whole of the country though...

As for me, I am trying desperately not to let my anxiety take over again like it did earlier in the year. It is not easy and I really hate going out, but I am selfishly grateful for lockdowns as I am so scared of the virus... whilst also feeling really guilty for being happy about a lockdown that has such negative effects on other people. My head is a very confusing place sometimes!
I agree, I think the Welsh lockdown was timed a little better as it covered half term and was a little earlier. I despair why they can’t work to the same plan throughout all of this. I honestly don’t even think I’m entirely sure of what the rules are in each country now as it’s all confused me

I’ve been so scared of the virus too, and my panic levels have risen again as the R number has risen. I’ve not gone out of my house or garden for two weeks as I’m worried about catching the virus so I know that’s my anxiety winning. I’m going to try to go to Tesco later this week to do our shopping with DH to force myself out although I hate supermarkets at the moment.

In the summer I found being able to go out to open spaces for a change of view and a walk helped so I’m hoping the weather will dry up a little (we can always wrap up against the cold) and Drakeford allows us to travel a little so we can go for a walk out of the immediate area soon. Big hugs to you 🤗 💞
Old 2 Nov 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I agree, I think the Welsh lockdown was timed a little better as it covered half term and was a little earlier. I despair why they can’t work to the same plan throughout all of this. I honestly don’t even think I’m entirely sure of what the rules are in each country now as it’s all confused me

I’ve been so scared of the virus too, and my panic levels have risen again as the R number has risen. I’ve not gone out of my house or garden for two weeks as I’m worried about catching the virus so I know that’s my anxiety winning. I’m going to try to go to Tesco later this week to do our shopping with DH to force myself out although I hate supermarkets at the moment.

In the summer I found being able to go out to open spaces for a change of view and a walk helped so I’m hoping the weather will dry up a little (we can always wrap up against the cold) and Drakeford allows us to travel a little so we can go for a walk out of the immediate area soon. Big hugs to you 🤗 💞
I do think being able to leave the immediate area will help a lot of us who are anxious - I try and go for walks in Cardiff but it is busy and stressful, I would much rather go somewhere quite and secluded in the Vale, and I am sure that is safer for everyone too!

Good on you for going to a supermarket... I have not been in one since March! Also, going just into the garden is OK - it gets you some air and sunlight and then you can build it up to short walks.

We will find out at lunchtime what Drakeford has in store for us from next week and then at least we can plan. Hugs back to you, we can do this!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List