Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jun 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes you made a good choice have never read an unhappy post about DFCH only good ones. I’ve only used once but no problems and reprised when prices fell
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Oh fab, looks like we made a good choice then! Excited and terrified about driving in America at the same time! x
Apologies for a bit of stealth boasting but here goes anyway

In 37 visits I've never spent a single night in a WDW hotel and apart from MVMCP in 2014 haven't been to a park since 2010 so you'll never see me post in those areas.

We have however rented a car every time and I've driven over 50,000 miles I guess. Happy to link the DIBB guide to driving if you like (have to admit I've added bits over the years but it is a good guide )

Mick
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Apologies for a bit of stealth boasting but here goes anyway

In 37 visits I've never spent a single night in a WDW hotel and apart from MVMCP in 2014 haven't been to a park since 2010 so you'll never see me post in those areas.

We have however rented a car every time and I've driven over 50,000 miles I guess. Happy to link the DIBB guide to driving if you like (have to admit I've added bits over the years but it is a good guide )

Mick
Will have a look at the driving guide, thank you!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Will have a look at the driving guide, thank you!
Any questions just shout.

You'll find references to the toll roads which aren't really scary but best be prepared as you'll likely hit one from either MCO or SFB

Have a read of this thread

https://DIBB.in/14425301

Mick

PS really enjoying posting about car hire and driving after not doing much recently
Old 7 Jun 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Just booked car hire for October via Discount Florida Car Hire. First time ever driving in the USA and we're a bit nervous!

Firstly are DFCH good? Anyone had any problems? We selected a luxury 4 door via Alamo as we definitely want sat nav and hoping that those models will have it.

Also selected the insurance top up for £17.50 extra.

Hope we've done the right thing! Chose that site because of people's refund experiences on the refund thread.
They are excellent and Andy there will give you any advice you need. I wouldn’t use anyone else
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I've supported Andy through around 100 posts on the DIBB and used him about 6 times in the last three years.

Ask yourself how many car hire brokers apart from Andy regularly come on here and help Dibbers even if they haven't booked with him? Answer - none.

Then ask how many providers of holiday service whether airlines, hotels or car hire have actively sent emails to their customers inviting them to cancel because of Covid and had the money refunded in 3 days or less apart from Andy. Answer none.

Mick
Spot on Mick. Don't need to add anything to that. I'll be rebooking my cancellation in April with Andy just as soon as I get a sniff of things clearing up and planes taking off.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Spot on Mick. Don't need to add anything to that. I'll be rebooking my cancellation in April with Andy just as soon as I get a sniff of things clearing up and planes taking off.
I just moved my April booking to November and the Alamo Max promotion was still on.

Mick
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

I'm not brave enough to book the new flights yet. There's a big red and white airline with-holding too much of my cash!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
I'm not brave enough to book the new flights yet. There's a big red and white airline with-holding too much of my cash!
We booked BA flights in November last December so they're paid for. The big red one has also owed us £1,900+ since 6 April.

Mick
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I booked with Andy today. Realised I needed to drop off at a different location so emailed Andy. He literally sorted it within an hour. Was thrilled to bits as it’s Sunday.

Have used Andy in the past and never has any problems
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List