Notices

Old 10 Jul 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Wow. That sounds like an epic holiday and will definitely make up for this year! I'm looking forward to reading along as you make more plans.
Thank you. I’m still scouting for villas. I’d like to have them
Sorted by about the time I booked the flights end of September. Then I will have a look for a couple of hotels.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Following along as this sounds amazing! We’ll be out there a similar time, all being well!
Look forward to hearing about the west coast plans, already looking at doing a trip that way in 2023!
All will be well!
We will see you there 😀
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Oh my gosh that sounds epic! Following along as I've enjoyed reading your other trip report, thanks for starting this!
Thanks for following. I am due a proper trip report as I am not happy about my trip reports outnumbering my actual trip reports 🙁
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Wow - looks absolutely amazing! I think we were the first members in the July 2020 club when we booked 2 years ago, and I was so sorry to see you had to cancel. We should have been flying on Monday 😢. We did our West Coast trip a few years ago - absolutely fantastic! Love Disneyland and returned at the end of last year. Really looking forward to following this PTR and it continuing into a TR! Enjoy the planning - sounds really magical 😀
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What an absolutely awesome trip you've got planned! WOW! You're going to have such a fab time. I can't wait to see what villas and hotels you end up booking. It sounds like you've got your eye on a few good ones.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Wow - looks absolutely amazing! I think we were the first members in the July 2020 club when we booked 2 years ago, and I was so sorry to see you had to cancel. We should have been flying on Monday 😢. We did our West Coast trip a few years ago - absolutely fantastic! Love Disneyland and returned at the end of last year. Really looking forward to following this PTR and it continuing into a TR! Enjoy the planning - sounds really magical 😀
I am not sure if anyone has started an August 21 group or not yet. I won’t do it in case I’m am jinxed 😂 I am really looking forward to getting a small taste of the west coast and DL looks great. So much planning to do. If I don’t get to move on to a proper TR this time I think I will give up on them 😂
Old 12 Jul 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an absolutely awesome trip you've got planned! WOW! You're going to have such a fab time. I can't wait to see what villas and hotels you end up booking. It sounds like you've got your eye on a few good ones.
Hi there. Thank you very much. I spend most of my spare time looking at villas and it has become something I hate. I feel like I have set the bar a little high with the accommodations I want so am hoping I can keep up with the savings schedules. If need be I can economise a little on some of them though.
Roll on end of September when I can pick up the deal of the century on flights and cars 🤞then move on to firming things up!
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So it has taken longer than I thought but I have my first real update of this new pre-trip report. I have literally lost my life to trying to find our villa for when we check out of Disney's Caribbean Beach. It has driven me mad! I have finally booked one for 8 nights.

I think I'm a bit picky but this was made more difficult by the fact we had a fantastic villa on our last trip and the owner was so helpful. (Dibb villa Hibiscus Ridge).

I have literally spent days creating shortlists only to go back through them and decide I didn't like them for one reason or another None of this was helped by the fact Emma was adamant she wanted a room with some kind of princess theme adding another 'must have' to the list.

I have swapped some emails with the owner of the villa we have booked and she has been friendly and very helpful. In all honesty this is almost as important to me as the villa itself.

So, we have booked a 6 bedroom villa on Windsor Hills. I have to say this area was top of my list to try this time so I am happy. It's lovely and close to the communal pool etc on the resort and I think we will enjoy it here for our second week.

A few pictures of the villa booked:

I think we will have more that enough space to spread out following our week at CBR and will plan to actually spend some time here and enjoy the place before setting off on the next leg of our trip.

I am confident vaccines etc will be coming so all systems are go in planning this holiday now...… I can cancel this villa booking for free right up to June 2021 though
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Beautiful villa and fab location. We love Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms. We were meant to be in Windsor Palms right now Enjoy the planning - I'm loving seeing PTRs right now - need as much Disney magic as possible
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I had mainly been looking at Windsor Hills as I've read lots of positive views about it and like the close proximity to Disney if we fancy using Uber so that we can have a drink. The communal pool looks great for the kids too if we want to make use of it. I stuck to only looking at villas where I could get free cancellation if required too...… but we won't be needing that.

I know exactly how you feel... we should be 23 days into our 2020 trip. We should have been out on a boat with our guide on the Gulf Of Mexico... instead we were on a beach in Essex We did have lots of family with us though so it was a lovely day.