Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Jul 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Unfortunately Sandra is far too busy to decorate a cake (she doesn't get of bed until midday).
I made this, actually me and dh made it together. My daughter also makes wonderful cakes but I just wanted to buy one. She’s got a few friends for a bbq and I don’t want her watching me making a cake, plus she will interfere. When we made this for my son he was at uni so didn’t see us making it!
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I made this, actually me and dh made it together. My daughter also makes wonderful cakes but I just wanted to buy one. She’s got a few friends for a bbq and I don’t want her watching me making a cake, plus she will interfere. When we made this for my son he was at uni so didn’t see us making it!
That looks scrumptious, bet it tasted good 😋
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
That looks scrumptious, bet it tasted good 😋
It was lovely, my son who’s birthday it was for never touched it, he only likes plain sponge! 🤦
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Please, please remember for anyone buying food off Facebook the business must be registered with the local council
Many people set up selling food on FB without registering , I honestly don't want to rain on anyones' parade but Mrs Joe Bloggs can set up a business from her dirty kitchen covered in cat hair and never be checked ( extreme example )

bbc/news/uk-51475289
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Please, please remember for anyone buying food off Facebook the business must be registered with the local council
Many people set up selling food on FB without registering , I honestly don't want to rain on anyones' parade but Mrs Joe Bloggs can set up a business from her dirty kitchen covered in cat hair and never be checked ( extreme example )

bbc/news/uk-51475289
I’m too fussy for that, my dh aunty made a cake with dog hair in it. It’s either a proper shop or we will make one!
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We use a local cake shop but we have also used newcakes.co.uk quite a few times. The cakes taste delicious and We haven’t had any issues with deliverives.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
It was lovely, my son who’s birthday it was for never touched it, he only likes plain sponge! 🤦
Snap my son won’t touch a cake if there’s jam included , buttercream only 😂
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
To be honest we get ours from Costco! My oldest son is 18 next month and I wanted to get him a special cake made but he has his heart set on a red velvet cake from Costco!
Glad it not just my lot I wish I had someone to buy a fancy cake for but non of them inherited my sweet tooth. Every year I offer to buy any cake(within reason) they want and every year its the same - Costco red velvet for the boys and one of the personalised sheet cakes for dd - of which she scrapes off all the frosting and only eats the sponge

Dd gets her Fil's cakes from eggfree cake box
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Snap my son won’t touch a cake if there’s jam included , buttercream only 😂
Not even butter cream, only plain sponge preferably chocolate!
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post

bbc/news/uk-51475289
But there are so many reputable small home businesses too who would be more than happy to show you their most recent inspection report. They have no overheads and so are cheaper than a shop and will have suffered financially due to the lockdown so please don't automatically discount them. If you can get personal recommendations then give them a try (and if you're anywhere near south Leeds I can recommend two)
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List