Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

AM I MAD? Would you book now for Dec? TOTAL NEWBIE TO DLP!

Help! My lovely Dibb friends who I totally trust!

We were supposed to be flying to Florida on Sunday (sob, sob, cry, cry) and whilst in my pit of wallowing and self pity my friend said ‘why not look at DLP for a fix?’

So I started (for the first time ever) to seriously look at DLP. I’d always dismissed it as it’s not Florida and my god it’s pricey, but the more I watch, read and look the more I like! I know it’s not Florida, I know it’s different and not the same but the vibe seems firmly there, it would fix my fix craving and it’s like an hour on easy jet!

So fast forward a week of my binge watching vlogs and convincing A highly skeptical hubby (who thinks Ive gone quite mad but is secretly happy that I’ve given up on my garden renovation that no doubt the kids would destroy anyway) and I found myself sat in TUI this afternoon with an advisor who looked at me like I’d got 3 heads when I said I wanted to go to DLP.

He was like ‘you do know there’s a quarantine?’ Yep. ‘You know they aren’t opening all resorts?’ Yep. ‘Yet you still want to go?’ Hell yep.

I miss disney so much and really think this will be fab! We are looking at the week just prior to Christmas so kids would be off a day and then come back and still have a clear two weeks to quarantine if need be. Thinking flying Easy Jet from Manchester, staying at Santa Fe (as hubby vetoed NPB as a ridiculous amount of money for 4 nights) and getting the Disney shuttle.

Am I mad booking now? Will France set a quarantine too which scuppers my plans? Should I fly? Everyone else seems to think I’ve taken leave of my senses looking now. 🤷
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Hi 😀 I don’t think you’re mad. Ffion is due to go at end of November with her friend and his family for his mum’s 50th (flying). Originally booked at SL but now upgraded to NB as SL won’t be open. We are waiting to see what happens but that is 3 months away, and that is a long time in covid land. I think as long as you have insurance then go for it. Much rather wear a mask in Paris in the the cold winter months than Florida in hot ones

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 09:43 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Hi 😀 I don’t think you’re mad. Ffion is due to go at end of November with her friend and his family for his mum’s 50th (flying). Originally booked at SL but now upgraded to NB as SL won’t be open. We are waiting to see what happens but that is 3 months away, and that is a long time in covid land. I think as long as you have insurance then go for it. Much rather wear a mask in Paris in the the cold winter months than Florida in hot ones
Hiya!

Thank you! That’s reassuring! I feel that 4 months so far away too that we can plan and be excited and if it goes wrong it goes wrong but so long as we have cover. The guy today was saying we’d be going against FCO travel advice etc. Made me worry a bit!
Haha - I said at least the masks will keep us warm!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Noone can predict what will happen in Dec so noone knows. Would I book? Only if I had a guarantee I could get my money back if there was a significant change or quarantine or flight cancellation etc.

Christmas at DLP without parades or fireworks wont feel great though. That means no tree lighting either im guessing. No meet sandy claws (a really really good experience). No fastpasses over christmas will be interesting too.

Thinking about it, I would save my money.

Edited at 10:45 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I’m booked for December (booked way back in Jan, pre COVID) but unless the park restrictions are lifted, I won’t be going. I love DLP at Christmas but not prepared to go for a lesser experience. I’m booked in the Art of Marvel hotel which doesn’t look like it will be open, so waiting to see what they offer as an alternative, but unless it’s an upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel, this trip will be postponed until next year when things are hopefully more normal.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thanks everyone! It might help to add my son is autistic so I’m not fussed for meet n greets, parades, fireworks etc. As they all create big queues which are a bit of a no-go. We’ve been to WDW 22 times so done them to death. We literally want Xmas decorations and rides! I’d go to WDW in a heartbeat if they’d let me even thought it’s less of an experience at moment.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thanks everyone! It might help to add my son is autistic so I’m not fussed for meet n greets, parades, fireworks etc. As they all create big queues which are a bit of a no-go. We’ve been to WDW 22 times so done them to death. We literally want Xmas decorations and rides! I’d go to WDW in a heartbeat if they’d let me even thought it’s less of an experience at moment.
In that case I’d say go for it! The rides are actually better at DLP than WDW in my opinion and it will definitely feel Christmassy 😊

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
In that case I’d say go for it! The rides are actually better at DLP than WDW in my opinion and it will definitely feel Christmassy 😊
Thank you! That sounds perfect! I know it’s a risk and there’s Unknown’s but I’d really love to go! Do you fly from Manchester? Is it okay with easy jet?
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 19 Aug 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I do fly from Manchester, but always been Flybe - obviously not an option any more! It’s a very simple trip though 😊

Old 19 Aug 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I booked DLP for November as a consolation trip. I felt pretty comfortable with the restrictions in the park and restaurants. I am less comfortable with the quarantine situation which looks like it can change at a moments notice, not bothered about it when I return to the UK, it is the risk of quarantine in France that puts me off.

A few days ago my outward flight was cancelled by BA, so that was decision made for me, I cancelled Disney yesterday and got full refund of deposit.

This morning I have been pricing up for March 2021.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List