Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 1 Sep 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Shopping / Shipping Services That You Know Final Bill With?

Like many here I have been missing my semi regular visit to the US, to enjoy the place but also enjoy the shopping

My supplies of things like Bath & Body Works, US over the counter drugs like Tylenol, and foods / drinks that you just associate with the US. Add into the mix the cosmetics and other things for my sisters and nieces and we do miss our trips to the US!

I have been looking at these services that will buy and ship on your behalf, or they give you a US shipping address for you to use, and they send onto you.

What am struggling to find is one that can easily tell you the final real cost, once you add in import duty, VAT and the dreaded “handling fee”. All the ones I have seen are happy to tell you their amazing shipping rates, which is great to know, but not able to advise on what I might have to pay when things arrive this end, before I get my hands on the package.

Bitter experience over the years has reveled that the amount of duty, VAT and “handling fee” can often cost more than the thing you bought and shipping costs, and also annoyingly the fact that it is hit or miss that the package will get hit at all for these taxes – at least when sent via USPS / Royal Mail / Parcel Force.

Anyone used a service where they are able to advise of ALL costs involved?

I know I should be able to work it all out myself with a read of the HMRC web page, but thought I would ask the more savvy shoppers here
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I sympathise with your shopping withdrawal symptoms ! I usually go in mid-Nov and do most of my Christmas shopping. I’m not looking forward to shopping at home this year - either the high street or in line, neither as satisfying as Macy’s, the outlets and Sephora !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I dont think any will give you exact as the company that imports doesnt make the customs/VAT charges but as a rough guide add the cost of shipping to the parcel cost and then take 20% of that for the customs and between £8-15 handling charges it should give you an approx cost that will be not too far off am sure.

Some things may be prohibited from import though with certain postal companies so do research that way too. I know some wont allow the hand sanitisers from BB&W for example as I think they are considered high risk flammable.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have used My US a number of times for shipping to the UK, their prices are reasonably good. They ship via Fed Ex and it goes by the weight of the package, and it can be ridiculously priced! I now use Facebook sellers who incorporate all the prices into one. For instance, I ordered a b&bw candle from one the other day, and the price was £25.10 for the candle, and postage & packaging. There are some places I still get stuff from via My Us, but it's usually non heavy items so they Fed Ex fees aren't that bad.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks all - it sounds like not a service for me
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You can try US Amazon, they have the ability to charge import customs when you pay for delivery so the price you pay is the final price.

I've done it to order books as they have been cheaper to import than buying on the UK site
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Macy’s quote the full price including all charges. I ordered some clothes a few months ago and the price at checkout was fully inclusive of shipping and other fees
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I would look at some of the Companies here that sell US foods , they have paid the duty so its out of your hands plus as already said some foods are prohibited so it could turn out to be a costly idea.

I always remember my ex buying two collectables on line from the US which cost about £20 back 20 years ago and he got stung for £60 import charges
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Check in with Debbie (angelbabe) on here , she will be able to price up for you .
I have an order which she is going to ship for me , I know it won’t be cheap but in my mind it’s still a lot less than I’d of spent if I’d made our trip this year : and I saved hard for my spends so why not !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

I use a Facebook page for my bath and body works candles, shower gels, room sprays, body mists and hand gels. They tell you what the cost is before you make an order and all prices includes the shipping costs etc.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List