Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Sep 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile No holding at 30 days, now down to 1 day!

Has anyone seen that you can now cancel up to one day before check in and points dont go into holding!

Its not written anywhere as of yet! But has been verified by DVC member services (if they answer the phone &#128521
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I wish we could see this in writing, it would be a big plus for my Xmas reservations if I could let the calendar run right down on them without hassle.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I wish we could see this in writing, it would be a big plus for my Xmas reservations if I could let the calendar run right down on them without hassle.
I have had it verbally confirmed by member services. Apparently it went out in an email (surprise we didnt get one) so might be worth asking if they can send it out so you have a copy!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
I have had it verbally confirmed by member services. Apparently it went out in an email (surprise we didnt get one) so might be worth asking if they can send it out so you have a copy!
Many thanks for posting this and that flexibilty could be very helpful, like you we never received an email so similar to the annual pass email on cancelling which we also never received.

Not receiving emails is really a big issue, as many international DVC members will never get to know about this extra flexibilty, that's unless they belong to a forum like TheDibb and actually read this thread.

A future problem could be that we don't receive the email which reverts from 1-day back to 30-days.

We need to call member services later this week so we will ask the castmember to raise the missing emails to their international guest as an issue, if we can all do that then maybe we'll start receiving all DVC communications.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i was told the same last week on the phone .
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
Has anyone seen that you can now cancel up to one day before check in and points dont go into holding!

Its not written anywhere as of yet! But has been verified by DVC member services (if they answer the phone &#128521
Wow. This is exciting news. I hadn't heard that yet and, of course, I wish they would update the member site.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.
Old 4 Sep 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I cancelled a December booking and banked the points- but Id be caught by a September banking deadline so it would be no use to me anyway. Would be immensely useful for Easter though if its in then.
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I just booked a resort stay for July last night and this was within the terms and conditions

Cancellation Guidelines*:
For Disney Vacation Club Member Vacation Point Reservations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort
31+ Days Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation, including borrowed Vacation Points, will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
30 Days 1 Day Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be placed in the Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
On the Check-In Date All of the Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be forfeited.
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skelfbsfb View Post
I just booked a resort stay for July last night and this was within the terms and conditions

Cancellation Guidelines*:
For Disney Vacation Club Member Vacation Point Reservations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort
31+ Days Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation, including borrowed Vacation Points, will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
30 Days 1 Day Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be placed in the Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
On the Check-In Date All of the Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be forfeited.
Yes so if that is true there is no change hence why they need to put in writing and change this if it has gone down to 1 day. Otherwise theres no way Id trust it.
Old 4 Sep 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Until this is in writing on the website then IMO it's not to be trusted.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List