Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Sep 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile VH have cancelled Dec holiday

I'm gutted, VH have cancelled our Christmas trip, we were supposed to fly on Dec 8th for our usual 4 week stay. 4th holiday to be cancelled this year. I know its just a holiday, but when you've spent Christmas in Orlando for the last 10 years 😭
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

So sorry to hear that,as you know we are booked for 5th December, can't see it happening, will be our 2nd cancellation this year,fingers crossed for Easter!.Are you booked for next year?,or are you waiting to see how things go?.We booked for August 21 as well,so hopefully will get there at some point!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
So sorry to hear that,as you know we are booked for 5th December, can't see it happening, will be our 2nd cancellation this year,fingers crossed for Easter!.Are you booked for next year?,or are you waiting to see how things go?.We booked for August 21 as well,so hopefully will get there at some point!
I honestly don't know what to do now, we only just paid over 800 to our annual renewal insurance a couple of weeks ago, we have a villa in Spain in May and Menorca has been rebooked for October, I had wanted to change this one for March, but maybe too soon as well. Wish I had a crystal ball x
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I honestly don't know what to do now, we only just paid over 800 to our annual renewal insurance a couple of weeks ago, we have a villa in Spain in May and Menorca has been rebooked for October, I had wanted to change this one for March, but maybe too soon as well. Wish I had a crystal ball x
I know,would love a crystal ball right now!,booked early April a while ago but now who knows?.Hopefully you get away at some point soon.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm gutted, VH have cancelled our Christmas trip, we were supposed to fly on Dec 8th for our usual 4 week stay. 4th holiday to be cancelled this year. I know its just a holiday, but when you've spent Christmas in Orlando for the last 10 years 😭
Linda

Really sorry to read this. We were both probably the last of the DIBB glass half full brigade for the end of this year but you may have detected our November glass emptying recently. . We anticipate an email from BA every morning.

We renewed our annual policy as well in June for around £850 but hopefully it will be there for our April 2021 Covid free visit.

Hope you get to enjoy loads next year.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Linda

Really sorry to read this. We were both probably the last of the DIBB glass half full brigade for the end of this year but you may have detected our November glass emptying recently. . We anticipate an email from BA every morning.

We renewed our annual policy as well in June for around £850 but hopefully it will be there for our April 2021 Covid free visit.

Hope you get to enjoy loads next year.

Mick
Thanks Mick, yep my glass had started to empty this last few weeks too. Now to decide what to do next, transfer it or get a refund again 🤔I hope April happens for you, lol might see you there 😁
Old 25 Sep 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Mick, yep my glass had started to empty this last few weeks too. Now to decide what to do next, transfer it or get a refund again 🤔I hope April happens for you, lol might see you there 😁
Linda

If you choose a refund let's hope that VH are more efficient than VA. About 130 days from them cancelling to appearing on my CC statement. I hear they're getting a bit better.

This November is with BA though as is next April (which I've paid). So if BA cancel this trip I guess I'll be asking for a refund rather than a reschedule. We'll keep an eye on our mutual April plans. The only bit "planned" so far is Highgate Park.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear this, we are booked for later in December and I'm rapidly losing positivity.

Can I ask which airline & airport you were leaving on & from please?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Sorry to hear this, we are booked for later in December and I'm rapidly losing positivity.

Can I ask which airline & airport you were leaving on & from please?
Virgin on December 8th from Manchester
Old 25 Sep 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am very sorry to hear your bad news.

We have had to cancel California twice for this year and have now rebooked for next August. I honestly believe that this is the earliest that I was able to book with reasonable confidence.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List