Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Sep 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Well, I was looking at the Sandos! But I’m not now 😂

I really like the look of Lanzarote Park but it’s more than I wanted to spend.

I’m thinking about AI (though we never normally do that) as I wonder if it might be a better bet in these unusual times.

I like the Flamingo Beach area so was hoping to be close (ish) to there

Also hoping quarantine doesn’t become a thing for when we want to go 😂
We are not going for ages yet ( next September) so I’m hoping no quarantine by then. I think if we are still in this mess by then a holiday will be the least of our worries !
It is just me and husband going so with no kids and term time it is already half price 😂 I may just push the boat out with the Lanzarote Park. We don’t eat lunch when we’re away and are not big drinkers so I am thinking now the Star Prestige with half board may be best for us.

I was set on Sandos Papagayo too until I saw those photos !

I have joined My Iberostar in their website and it gives a good discount if that helps.
Hope you find something for your holiday.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hey don’t all be booking Lanzarote Park, you’ll increase the prices for me.
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Another nice one if you don’t have kids and not bothered about AI is Natura Palace. I stayed there years ago and that is lovely.
I’d also recommend the H10 ones which are a step down from the Iberostar but quite a bit cheaper. There’s also another Iberostar nearer Papagayo think it’s more apart hotel never stayed but looks decent value. I’ve stopped in the Princess- not bad but could be better. Yaiza is brilliant but not worth the cash. I’ve stayed in others too.
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hey don’t all be booking Lanzarote Park, you’ll increase the prices for me.
My last visit here must have been 30 yrs ago. Loved the hotel but not the bombardment of time share touts , so never revisited
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
My last visit here must have been 30 yrs ago. Loved the hotel but not the bombardment of time share touts , so never revisited
Playa Blanca doesn’t have timeshare touts nowadays and the Iberostar if you mean you stayed there- it was revamped into a deluxe 5 star a few years back. The owner of Iberostar company apparently stays in the one in Playa Blanca one- it is his favourite and goes on holiday there every year. Tripadvisors if you look have the best AI in Europe every year- the list came out a few months back and this one, the one in Feurteventura and the one I just got back from in Tenerife (which is the best IMO but probably priciest and they are all brilliant) all came top 5 from memory.
You pay the money but get real quality and food is fabulous at all. There’s decent deals on at the mo due to Corona where prices are sometimes half what they would usually be for packages. We stayed at the Anthelia for £3k ish in July for 4- it’s usually about 6-7k on a package.

Edited at 12:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

The Lanzarote Park next June with Jet2 in a prestige room is £1984 including flights, £60 deposit pp, that’s quite good x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
The Lanzarote Park next June with Jet2 in a prestige room is £1984 including flights, £60 deposit pp, that’s quite good x
I noticed the packages were really reasonable. I already have my flights though. The hotel is coming in around the same just for the room !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I noticed the packages were really reasonable. I already have my flights though. The hotel is coming in around the same just for the room !
Sorry should’ve said that was a suite, it’s very tempting, if only I could be confident there’d be a vaccine by then?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Another nice one if you don’t have kids and not bothered about AI is Natura Palace. I stayed there years ago and that is lovely.
I’d also recommend the H10 ones which are a step down from the Iberostar but quite a bit cheaper. There’s also another Iberostar nearer Papagayo think it’s more apart hotel never stayed but looks decent value. I’ve stopped in the Princess- not bad but could be better. Yaiza is brilliant but not worth the cash. I’ve stayed in others too.
Natura Palace if I am remembering correctly was overlooking Flamingo Beach? We stayed in a SC apartment many years ago next door. I may have my hotels confused though.

I am a bit worried there may be a lack of bars / restaurants open - if we go (and it is a BIG if) it would be November and I worry about it being off season and COVID having shut places?
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Sorry should’ve said that was a suite, it’s very tempting, if only I could be confident there’d be a vaccine by then?
That is a good deal. I will only be booking a pay on arrival...just in case !