Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Nearly 300 DVC jobs gone unfortunately.
Very sad, but I guess there are fewer people to sell to right now
Old 1 Oct 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
How have they gone from 14 resorts to 16? Is it the Kidani/Jambo split? Do you think there’s any relevance in that?
This was the response from Disney and had it as AKV and AKV2.

OKW SSR
BCV BWALK
VWL CCV
RVA BLT
VGF PVB
GCAL AULANI
HHI VERO
AKV AKV2

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 1 Oct 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Does this mean Disney tweak the wording (from 14 to 16) when they send it back to the broker with their waiver? I ask as I signed a document early in the buying process that had 14 resorts stated. However since then they waived their right. I haven't seen the document since and am due to close in the next couple of weeks. Could they have changed the number, without me seeing it yet? I'm currently dealing with the title company - sent funds but haven't closed.
You should ask your associate to forward you the waiver email. If it is after 8/11/20 it should say 16 on there.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

*10/1/20 Waiver update

8/5/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Disney’s Riviera Resort or Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Resorts.

8/11/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

10/1/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
JasonErpelding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
8/5/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Disney’s Riviera Resort or Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Resorts.

8/11/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 16 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 16 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

10/1/20 Waiver

As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Effective January 19, 2019, only Members who purchase directly from Disney will be able to use their Vacation Points at the 14 existing Disney Vacation Club Resorts or future Resorts—such as Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. Resale contracts purchased for the existing 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will only be able to exchange Points into those 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts.
So bizarrely it was a mistake and they changed it back?
Old 2 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

So bizarrely it was a mistake and they changed it back?
I find it even more bizarre that I sent them this question on 9/1/20.

"The waivers now say 16 resorts instead of 14. Is that correct?"

I was given this response:

"OKW SSR
BCV BWALK
VWL CCV
RVA BLT
VGF PVB
GCAL AULANI
HHI VERO
AKV AKV2"

Final documents go out showing 16 and buyers ask. I felt the need to report the news. Then it goes "viral" in the resale community and Disney changes it the next day. Bizarre.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 3 Oct 20, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I find it even more bizarre that I sent them this question on 9/1/20.

"The waivers now say 16 resorts instead of 14. Is that correct?"

I was given this response:

"OKW SSR
BCV BWALK
VWL CCV
RVA BLT
VGF PVB
GCAL AULANI
HHI VERO
AKV AKV2"

Final documents go out showing 16 and buyers ask. I felt the need to report the news. Then it goes "viral" in the resale community and Disney changes it the next day. Bizarre.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
I agree it’s very odd. A waiver is drafted- why would it be redrafted, when there’s no change, wrongly?
Makes no sense does it?
Old 3 Oct 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I wonder where those of us with a waiver document from August 11th - October 1st, stating my points can be used at 16 resorts, stand if we try to book Riviera? My guess is 'computer says no'!
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

I agree it’s very odd. A waiver is drafted- why would it be redrafted, when there’s no change, wrongly?
Makes no sense does it?
It makes no sense to me.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They are now sending our surveys asking what’s putting you off Riviera, why not buying, why picking other resorts etc with resale restrictions being a reason.
They are clearly getting concerned.