Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Oct 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
For those that have just booked Waitrose - can I ask how? What allowed you to have an early access?
I was given a priority spot, didnt ask for it, didnt pay for it but I have done a weekly Click and Collect since lockdown and paid between £100-£150 per week to them as I am shopping for others as well as us.

I choose to have delivery, was given the choice because I hate the scrum in supermarket car parks at Christmas. I have booked two deliveries to share with others Sunday before Christmas and Christmas eve.

I am grateful to Waitrose for this loyalty bonus (sorry if others didnt get it) I dont know their criteria.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Talking of very annoying, I have just noticed the Morrisons minimum delivery has gone up from £25 to £40. I joined their delivery saver so I could have a top up delivery in the week following the Waitrose delivery at weekends. Now it was fairly easy to find £25 worth of shopping mid week but not another £40 onto top of the £60+ at Waitrose. More '3rd world problems', I really need the 2 deliveries as I shop for relatives so they can remain shielding. In the grand scheme of things this is not a life changing problem but as Disney Jo says just very annoying and it feels like they are squeezing as much money out of customers as possible !
I didn't know that, I use it as a top up too. I definitely won't be renewing the Morrisons delivery saver now.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I feel very let down by Sainsburys, at the start of lockdown I had an annual delivery pass paid for for the whole year about a month before lockdown, I have had one for 4-5 years.

I could never get a delivery slot ever, I did phone and was more or less told tough luck, you used it 4 times so you cant cancel. In the end I changed to Tescos and did the midnight wait up for slots as I have been shopping for elderly neighbours and still am. They took all the items so not enough items available which is why i started Waitrose as well. I have now bought the Tesco delivery pass so that it does give a bit of priority over those slots.

If i wasnt supporting so many households i wouldnt worry but I dont want to let the elders down.

Good thing is my Avios are pouring in because i pay with American Express and they pay me by bank transfer or cheque.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Does anyone know when Tesco releases theirs? I need to get my Mum sorted
I think last year Sainsburys and Tesco slots only released 30 days in advance.
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
I didn't know that, I use it as a top up too. I definitely won't be renewing the Morrisons delivery saver now.
They were always £40 which I think is fair enough, it dropped to £25 only because of lockdown and to provide their services to more people. I think it’s fair enough to put it back up with the cost of a delivery (maintenance of van, fuel, person etc)
Morrisons also provided all who used their services during lockdown with a free 3 month delivery pass which was good of them too. 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
They were always £40 which I think is fair enough, it dropped to £25 only because of lockdown and to provide their services to more people. I think it’s fair enough to put it back up with the cost of a delivery (maintenance of van, fuel, person etc)
Morrisons also provided all who used their services during lockdown with a free 3 month delivery pass which was good of them too. 👍
Yes fair enough if that is what you signed up to. My account says free mid week delivery when spending £25 but I can't check out unless I put £40 in the basket.

So when the delivery arrived this week, the bread and bags of lettuce were on the last day of the best before, the tomatoes had 1 day on them and the ham was really fatty. I thought I would try to call them but faced a 40 minutes wait so never bothered, it just seems a waste of money.
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Yes fair enough if that is what you signed up to. My account says free mid week delivery when spending £25 but I can't check out unless I put £40 in the basket.

So when the delivery arrived this week, the bread and bags of lettuce were on the last day of the best before, the tomatoes had 1 day on them and the ham was really fatty. I thought I would try to call them but faced a 40 minutes wait so never bothered, it just seems a waste of money.
Yes it’s annoying when that happens like substitutes. I think it’s pretty standard though with all online delivery providers (certainly in my experience) and the downside of not picking them yourself.
I have had the odd thing but if you contact them via twitter, they will refund. I would still rather have online delivery with the odd problem than face the Supermarket scrum every week by going in person 🤣🤣
especially at Christmas time, hope Morrisons release their Christmas times soon 🤞🤞
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Yes it’s annoying when that happens like substitutes. I think it’s pretty standard though with all online delivery providers (certainly in my experience) and the downside of not picking them yourself.
I have had the odd thing but if you contact them via twitter, they will refund. I would still rather have online delivery with the odd problem than face the Supermarket scrum every week by going in person 🤣🤣
especially at Christmas time, hope Morrisons release their Christmas times soon 🤞🤞
Several times with Waitrose click and collect I have been given short dated products but they note them and dont charge for them, great service.
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

OP, did you get an email to give you priority access or just find it when you were online?

Thanks

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
OP, did you get an email to give you priority access or just find it when you were online?

Thanks

EC
Email about a week ago