Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Hampton by Hilton Waterloo

Has anyone stayed here and can tell me what the parking situation for the hotel is like? I Just wanted to know if the parking spaces are quite tight as need to get a large 4x4 in one potentially.

Mods, really sorry, I have just seen that I should have posted this in the UK Trip Planning. Sorry!

Edited at 07:43 PM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Hotels lovely but never driven as usually there for work. Didn’t even know it had a car park TBH!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Has anyone stayed here and can tell me what the parking situation for the hotel is like? I Just wanted to know if the parking spaces are quite tight as need to get a large 4x4 in one potentially.

Mods, really sorry, I have just seen that I should have posted this in the UK Trip Planning. Sorry!
Unfortunate parking around there is practically zero and the hotel, like all others here, dont have a car park.

When are you coming ? If it is within the next 2 weeks I can offer you a free secure underground parking slot within a couple of minutes walk to the hotel - and given all the bentayga‘S Parked here I would say it is big enough
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Unfortunate parking around there is practically zero and the hotel, like all others here, dont have a car park.

When are you coming ? If it is within the next 2 weeks I can offer you a free secure underground parking slot within a couple of minutes walk to the hotel - and given all the bentayga‘S Parked here I would say it is big enough
MF, that is so kind of you to offer, thank you. Unfortunately we won't be coming down until towards the end of November. We didn't really want to use the tube etc so we were looking to stay pretty central and walk to wherever we want to go. We will be staying a couple of nights then need to pick up my son on the Sunday evening, possibly from the O2/Greenwich area before we travel back North. I have just seen the Novotel and Ibis Styles in Southwark has quite a large car park at the back of the hotels on google street map so that may be a contender.
The Hampton By Hilton Waterloo came up on one of the hotel booking sites as having a car park under the hotel but I think I may need to advise them that their info is incorrect.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

MF, that is so kind of you to offer, thank you. Unfortunately we won't be coming down until towards the end of November. We didn't really want to use the tube etc so we were looking to stay pretty central and walk to wherever we want to go. We will be staying a couple of nights then need to pick up my son on the Sunday evening, possibly from the O2/Greenwich area before we travel back North. I have just seen the Novotel and Ibis Styles in Southwark has quite a large car park at the back of the hotels on google street map so that may be a contender.
The Hampton By Hilton Waterloo came up on one of the hotel booking sites as having a car park under the hotel but I think I may need to advise them that their info is incorrect.

I will walk passed the other two hotels (which are adjoining) over the weekend as there is construction taking place there at the moment and I need to double check for you its not in the car park - cool location tho
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi MP 👋

I’ve stayed at the Novotel quite a few times and the car park is very decent indeed for central London!

When I was last there it was looking a little tired compared to the Hampton but no problems other than that.

HTH
Karen
Old 9 Oct 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi MP 👋

I’ve stayed at the Novotel quite a few times and the car park is very decent indeed for central London!

When I was last there it was looking a little tired compared to the Hampton but no problems other than that.

HTH
Karen
Thank you Karen.

Thank you MF, you are very kind x
Old 9 Oct 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

MF and I posted at the same time MP! Please do take his ‘on the ground’ view rather than mine which is not as up to date!
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Well. It’s not great news I am afraid

I walked passed them on way to Waitrose

Ibis is closed down (well being used officially or not I dont know but it seems by homeless) - note on door saying bookings moved to Blackfriars (odd as this is the hotel by Southward tube but Ibis have annoying a habit of calling their hotels by districts they are not near so I may be confuseD by accuracy ! - you may mean the one we Locals call London Bridge/Borough Market ?)

Anyway some shots

Access to car park not accessible due to construction work but Novotel certainly open but next door to the construction site (and it was busy, noisy and dusty this Saturday morning - may be or may not be an issue to you)

The Hoxton Southwark (2 doors down form Novotel) is open and looks lovely - people outside having breakfast this morning and it was very fashionable by its clientele and maybe worth a look ?

It’s best not to use hotels.com for London. At the best of time they are not terribly accurate but at the moment, with Covid, the situation is very fluid with hotels opening and closing at a whim. Go direct to the hotel and I know they will match your best prices as bookings are very thin on the ground - if they refuse walk and go so one that will. Bargains are out there to be had if you ask)

Edited at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added some photos but sorry it was drizzling so blurry
Old 10 Oct 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thank you so much MF, its really kind of you to go out of your way to help. I think the Ibis Styles I have looked at is on Southwark Bridge Road, is that the same one? I will have a look at The Hoxton too. I have had a quick look online and there seems to be some really great deals around at the moment. I have also got everything crossed at the moment that we don't got into further lockdown up here and get banned from travelling.