Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Yeah I’m afraid they did that with all of us in the summer too.
Kept telling us it was still going ahead until the 11th hour .
It’s just so you they can get your money to pay back someone else .
Took 111 days to get our refund in the end .
It is crazy the way they are treating customers this way.

Maybe waiting to see if Trump wins the election and if so he will open up the borders.

Crazy times.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

ours took about 90 days in the end for a september holiday.
Tho we were quite lucky with the timing of the cancellation as it got cancelled couple of days before I was due to pay my credit card for the month so phoned up my bank and they put it in dispute until the refund came though so wasnt actually my own money i was waiting on getting back! (well apart from the bubble and deposit)
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
It is crazy the way they are treating customers this way.

Maybe waiting to see if Trump wins the election and if so he will open up the borders.

Crazy times.
Really is .
It’s definitely left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to virgin which is a shame as have used them for years.
Fingers crossed for you either way , maybe you’ll be the first back !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We were told to hold on a few more days on paying our balance as there will be a change in the next few days and the man-mco route will be cancelled past Christmas.
Are you holding out to pay your deposit? Can't decide what we will do.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Can't see anyone going this year now.

bbc/news/world-us-canada-54670386
Old 24 Oct 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Are you holding out to pay your deposit? Can't decide what we will do.
No, we changed the holiday. Whilst we are happy to go on holiday, we can’t risk having to isolate once home, the first two weeks after New Year are a very important time in my husband’s job.

We had already spent the weekend pricing up holidays, found one we were happy with and stuck with our plan to change the holiday.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

That's good.
I am just about to press the pay button for our December holiday and hoping they cancel after hearing the news about cases in USA.
If the holiday can go ahead I will be changing it but not in the near future.
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We were due to go 19th December and the balance was due today. Our Disney hotel is closed till next year - Port Orleans - and Disney hadn't tfd us yet.
The girl I spoke to at Virgin was helpful - she said that realistically they're not expecting the flight to go ahead (although only cancelled up till 9th Dec atm) so rather than pay, then wait for a refund, as they can't offer us what we booked (hotel, dining plan, park hopper tickets) we could cancel free of charge today.
Sad, but it's a weight off my shoulders.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by auralerb View Post
Our balance is due next week for two weeks starting Christmas Eve, so I’m hoping they cancel before this to avoid chasing such a large refund. (Although I’m hearing the processing times have decreased, just perhaps not as much as they indicated.)
We've cancelled today (due to fly 19th Dec) & have been told up to 30 days for refund 🤞
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
We were due to go 19th December and the balance was due today. Our Disney hotel is closed till next year - Port Orleans - and Disney hadn't tfd us yet.
The girl I spoke to at Virgin was helpful - she said that realistically they're not expecting the flight to go ahead (although only cancelled up till 9th Dec atm) so rather than pay, then wait for a refund, as they can't offer us what we booked (hotel, dining plan, park hopper tickets) we could cancel free of charge today.
Sad, but it's a weight off my shoulders.
Just paid our holiday for 19th departure. They told us our hotel is still open so we had to pay or lose deposits.