Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Oct 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile NYC Hotel recommendations

I may have just booked flights for next summer - with the flexibility that BA are offering at the moment it seemed like a considered risk to take. Plus it'll be nice to have something to look forward to.

So, we're (just OH & I) going at the end of a trip to see DB & SiL in Michigan and looking for somewhere fairly central. Usually do a fair bit of walking, eating, drinking craft beer and photography - any recommendations gratefully received 😎
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in a Marriott - The Renaissance , on Times Square.
Great location, not cheap ( possibly deals to be had at the moment though).
We would stay there again when we next visit.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Highly recommend the Westin on Times Square and the Novotel. Both lovely hotels (Westin nicest and comfiest bed I think I have ever slept on), and of course very central.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I second the Novotel on times square , lovely hotel .
Prices have gone up loads since we stayed there .
Last time we stayed at the Sheraton at Times Square and the room and beds were tiny so wouldn’t stay again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Good to know about places to avoid as well--thanks 👍
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Lots and lots of hotels to choose from once you decide which area to stay in. We've stayed twice in Times Square, Hilton TS and Room mate Grace, both really nice. If you don't want to stay near TS have a look around 35th st near Empire State building, still central and lots of transport links. A lot of people recommend the New Yorker in that area.

Have fun planning your trip
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What’s your nightly budget?

I’ve always managed to find things for about £100 or less but I was happy to compromise on how nice the hotel was as we literally slept in it! You may prefer somewhere a bit nicer

New Yorker - great location but the hotel room was small (we had to put the suitcase in the shower) and the staff pretty abrupt - even for NYC

Doubletree Times Square - two room suite, great views of Times Square, loved the hotel but I didn’t like the location, fighting through the crowds every time we wanted to go back to the hotel

Holiday Inn Express LES - area felt a bit too gritty for me but free breakfast was a bonus (this one was very cheap though! )

Affinia Shelburne, lovely hotel in a great location because it was quiet but only a ten minute walk to the tourist area(s) most people think of when they think of NYC, and close to Grand Central Station. It was in what I would call a more local neighbourhood with independent restaurants and I personally felt like I was in more authentic NYC.

Edited at 03:57 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would check BA partner hotels and add it to your booking if you can. Likely to get a good deal.

I like the Affinia hotels for the neighbourly feel given above. If two people the choice will be enormous. Choose an area first I think. Soho or Tribeca both sound as though they might meet your needs. Esp on the craft beer front.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We've stayed in these:

The Distrikt - nice hotel. Small rooms, but well appointed. Good location for Times Square

The Belvedere - also nice. DW hated the heating but we were there in January! Much larger room. Also a good location for Times Square and a bit closer to Central Park. Got a great price for it.

Intercontinental Barclay - loved this place. Will be my first choice every time if possible. Got a reasonable price, but can be very expensive. Slightly different location but still good - close to 5th Ave, Grand Central etc. Much quieter over there, too which was nice.

Hyatt Place Times Square - my least favourite. Room was fairly small, and with the sofa-bed made up into a bed was quite cramped. However, another fairly good location and was a very good price when we booked, but I'd probably avoid it next time.

I know a couple of people who stayed at the New Yorker. One enjoyed it, one didn't. A few friends of ours stayed at The Roosevelt and hated it. My DD stayed at The Warwick and thought it was really nice.
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
What’s your nightly budget?

I’ve always managed to find things for about £100 or less but I was happy to compromise on how nice the hotel was as we literally slept in it! You may prefer somewhere a bit nicer
We'd like to keep it below £150 pn 🙂