Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Club room at CSR - worth it? Aug 2021

I need to switch my current booking which is CBR preferred room with no deal, to CBR with deal (woohoo! Money saved!). But I just saw CSR club rooms, which are more expensive, but I wondered if they were worth it? It would cost us £250 extra on top of the previous price.

I'm sort of assuming not - that you can't really eat meals via the club room, but I thought I'd ask.

We would still have to book a preferred room for CBR, and I'm still hoping that they may put on their standard rooms at some point (and that a dining plan may be offered again).

My kids (will be 10 and 12) like the look of both resorts. Location wise, I'm thinking that CBR has the skyliner (although we are not very keen on Epcot), but CSR is close to AK (which we love) and the water park there.

We would pay for the DDP if it became available. What we wanted to do was to stay in AKL with DDP, but we will just be glad to get there. Any thoughts/advice/crystal ball predictions etc. would be great!

Thanks
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at these rooms too as they were showing as available on the website but when I rang ( both Disney and also Orlando Attractions) the rooms were not actually available to book ( beginning of August).I’d be really interested to know if you can get availability for your dates and also in the replies to your questions 👍
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
buzz2001
Excited about Disney

If everything is back to normal and you are not on the dining plan, then yes it is worth it.
buzz2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysam
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I rang about availability for the standard club level rooms and was looking for 10 nights any time I late August or the whole of September and they said they weren’t available so I’d ring and check before you debate it’s ‘worth’ too much.

In terms of worth, we find that club level breakfast offerings are great and that’s one less meal to pay for. We find that we always end up paying for lunch in the park as we are out when we are hungry for lunch (plus the lunch offerings are quite basic). We enjoy the dinner options normally and have made a few evening meals out of it but wouldn’t want to do that every night as it gets quite repetitive. We do also enjoy the alcohol selection and normally enjoy an evening drink in the club lounge.
AKL & Polynesian 2022, Explorers Lodge HKDL & Tokyo Disneyland Hotel 2019, AKL & Grand Floridian Club Level 2018, Grand Californian DL 2017, Poly & Beach Club 2016, AKL & AOA 2014, Coronado Springs Resort 2013, Port Orelans Riverside 1996, 2009, 2010, 2012, Pop Century Resort 2011 & WDW All Star Movies 2000
Disneysam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Thanks everyone. Food for thought. Would it possibly be worth doing Club, and then not doing the DDP? We love the DDP because my kids love the character dining (and I think that this may be the last time they are very keen to do it). Although if there are actually no rooms, that makes the decision easier
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I also rang for club but no availability at all. It is disappointing that the website suggests they have availability but actually don’t, I’d rather they took the option away like they do with the other room categories, cos it got my hopes up. ☹️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I wondered if it wasn’t available to book because the club facilities aren't open due Covid at the moment? Might be worth keeping an eye out for the future 🤞
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

I have moved our booking to preferred room at CBR. Neither me nor hubby drink alcohol, and in thinking about it, in the past we have been happy with cereal in the room#, and then had lunch/dinner in the park or had a sit-down breakfast (which we love). So I'm going to save my £600, and hope that DDP comes back online by August, so we can put it towards that (still in my dream world of free DDP and AKL).

I also wonder if they will release any no-preferred rooms with no 5th sleeper for CBR. I don't think they have been available at all so far.

But for now, happy with the new deal and our gift card. And we were allowed to move the booking without loosing the deposit, which was nice