Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
Every time our contract is up I just phone them up and ask for a new deal. I've always been given one, never had to go through cancellations.
This time, due to covid restrictions, I spoke to them on their online chat. Still got a really good deal
Problem is that the good deal you got would have probably been better if you went through to cancellations. They keep the best deals to themselves no matter what the first point of contact says.

The best solution is the most ardous is to hand in your notice for leaving. They will contact you about week later pretending to be a courtesy call about how you felt they handled your call. Thats the person with the best deal.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Mine has gone up but there are rumours virgin is digging on the estate so I am loathe to commit to 18 months of sky. I do resent having to pay extra though.
There’s the rub , most offers put you into a fixed term contract, with no offers it is full price , with commitment to a fixed term down the price goes.
Things have changed a bit though, most agents rather than just retentions have the best offers now.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Our package has just gone up from £46 to £76 a month.

DH spoke to somebody the other night & they refused to move on the price, just said they could give us broadband which we don’t need.

Thanks for the suggestion on here we’ll have a go with online chat or cancellations
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Things have changed a bit though, most agents rather than just retentions have the best offers now.
That's useful to know. I always thought retentions had the most flex.

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Rung today and happy with the renewal price. I have switched to BT and Virgin TV before and they are not a patch on Sky, so will stay with them.

As a result of the call. Managed to get BT Sports far cheaper with Sky rather than with BT (how odd) and have offset the planned Sky increase with a deal to pay what currently paying plus cheaper BTSports👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

We cancelled ours a few weeks ago online as we were unable to get through on the phone.
Couldn't believe how easy and stress free it was. 😊
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Another tip is if you have or will be moving to Q and have a separate Netflix account it is often better to move it to Sky , for example a Netflix premium account is around £10 from Netflix but if you have HD and multi room and migrate the account to your Sky account (it migrates you don’t cancel it so all your profiles remain , ) it currently costs £4 a month .
It all adds up.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Problem is that the good deal you got would have probably been better if you went through to cancellations. They keep the best deals to themselves no matter what the first point of contact says.

The best solution is the most ardous is to hand in your notice for leaving. They will contact you about week later pretending to be a courtesy call about how you felt they handled your call. Thats the person with the best deal.
Processes have changed , win back calls are rarer at the moment so not to be relied upon.
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Another tip is if you have or will be moving to Q and have a separate Netflix account it is often better to move it to Sky , for example a Netflix premium account is around £10 from Netflix but if you have HD and multi room and migrate the account to your Sky account (it migrates you don’t cancel it so all your profiles remain , ) it currently costs £4 a month .
It all adds up.
How do I migrate my account to Sky? We’ve got multi room but I don’t think () we have HD.
cheekydeeky is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
How do I migrate my account to Sky? We’ve got multi room but I don’t think () we have HD.
Just ring Sky , they’ll add it to your Sky account (after explaining it) and send an email so you can merge it across so the Netflix DD stops charging straight away (no month’s notice needed) . It’s very straightforward.