Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Oct 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FlowRider
Earning My Ears

Car on the drive have gone out of business :(

I’ve just received an email from car on the drive to say that they’ve gone out of business.
Another casualty of Covid.
Unfortunately they can’t give any refunds either.
Thankfully we only paid a $100 deposit.

Edited at 07:11 PM.
FlowRider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no that's a real shame !
Old 27 Oct 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I don't wish bad luck or financial issues on anybody and I know this Company and their business model suited a few on here.

However I could never get my head around the fact they didn't have an online pricing menu.
No way do I E Mail for a quote.

I also remember myself and another well respected Car Forum Dibber were discussing them a few years ago on here and they came online and were damn rude even though I quoted off their FAQ's!

OP. I hope you get your deposit back as they should have protected that money. Unacceptable if they haven't.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

If you paid by card claim via them. Another one who couldnt understand their model.
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
If you paid by card claim via them. Another one who couldnt understand their model.
I'm no expert on this but I think a CC claim has to be over £100. Maybe somebody else knows more.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Yep, needs to be £100 minimum
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I used them once when the kids were very little and I didn’t want a drive with knackered little ones. Have to say the service they provided was excellent - clearly more expensive than “normal” car hire but that’s not comparing apples with apples. Peter who ran the company (don’t know if he was still in charge near the end) was a nice guy. Always sad when any business folds especially if COVID is the reason.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I also used them on my first trip and they were fantastic. They provided a premium service for which I was quite happy to pay a premium. I’m sorry to hear of their demise.
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

I'm so sad to hear this, we have used their service for our holidays and the service was amazing and completely took away any stress even more so for our disabled son.

Really feel for Peter and Wendy
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JP13
Apprentice Imagineer

I was very sorry to hear the news too. I really liked the service - it suited my needs very well and Peter and Wendy were so kind and helpful - especially when I was travelling with my disabled mum.
JP13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List