Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree with Op, what’s the problem with collecting your own bin. As for the suggestion that a neighbour does it for them ?- A, Not advisable at the minute with Covid and B, er no😳
It’s the responsibility of the person with the unattended bin to take it back not the responsibility of the neighbour who already collects their own.
Well said TM, fill it with rubble ☺️
It drives me mad, we have one near us too😤😞
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Going a bit against the grain here but, really? Cant see how anybody leaving their bin out would cause me a problem, it's their bin? If in front of our drive I'd move it to one side but other than that, like I say it's their bin? I may be missing something. But it's not a criticism! Just my point of view 😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Going a bit against the grain here but, really? Cant see how anybody leaving their bin out would cause me a problem, it's their bin? If in front of our drive I'd move it to one side but other than that, like I say it's their bin? I may be missing something. But it's not a criticism! Just my point of view 😊
Their bin is sitting in the middle of the pavement. Its not outside their house. Outside their house is a pathway then about 20 yards of a grassy area then the pavement. Anyone with a pram has to go on the grass to pass it.

This happens every single week. It will be moved at the weekend normally. I wouldn't mind if it was someone who couldn't for a reason be able to move it but this is a household of 5 adults.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

It annoys me that when we moved in this house in a cul de sac I returned all our neighbours bins as near to the house as I could for them as most were out at work or elderly, no once has anyone returned the favour. Thought I was being nice but maybe they thought what an interfering newbie.

I’m sure our council fines anyone who leaves the bins out unless I’m dreaming
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I go with Tom Morrow, start filling the bin with rubble.
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Unable to do that. Their bin due to the nature of the housing is kept at the back of the house which only accessible by going through the house. Basically we have a "green" in front of our houses and we surround it it on three sides, the fourth side being a pavement with the road. There is a paved bit in front of all the houses where you walk to the road. The houses at their bit are terraced and they are not an end terrace so don't have easy access to the rear of the house. The do have access but its over a field and down a path which has been created by people walking on it for years.
Can you leave it pulled in front of their house ?
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Can you leave it pulled in front of their house ?
Not without everyone see me do it. I’m going to stop commenting on my own thread. I’m coming across as the curtain twitching paranoid neighbour
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I would just 'bin it' 🙊
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I agree with Op, what’s the problem with collecting your own bin. As for the suggestion that a neighbour does it for them ?- A, Not advisable at the minute with Covid and B, er no😳
It’s the responsibility of the person with the unattended bin to take it back not the responsibility of the neighbour who already collects their own.
Well said TM, fill it with rubble ☺️
It drives me mad, we have one near us too😤😞
You can wash your hands. We do that even after handling our own bins. So no covid issue at all.
We do it as we think its the neighbourly thing to do. It tidies up the street quickly. We all did this in out last house as well.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
You can wash your hands. We do that even after handling our own bins. So no covid issue at all.
We do it as we think its the neighbourly thing to do. It tidies up the street quickly. We all did this in out last house as well.
Yes true, but the house owner concerned could also collect their own bin?
It might be neighbourly to do it for them but it’s not very neighbourly that the bin is left out in the first place 🤨
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List