Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 14, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Hi Chris still can't stop watching E3 and can't believe how big he/she's got in the short time I've been logging on every day. I do also log onto the NE nest but it's not as interesting following the drama at the SW nest. Glad to see the weather is back to 'normal' for you
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 14, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Hi Chris still can't stop watching E3 and can't believe how big he/she's got in the short time I've been logging on every day. I do also log onto the NE nest but it's not as interesting following the drama at the SW nest. Glad to see the weather is back to 'normal' for you
Hey up Ju It's ding dong here again - abso stonking here today. I like both nests, but the Romeo and Juliet is my fav due to the resolution. I watch them branch and it's like, oh, oh, not too close to the edge... careful now

Did you see the updates on the Phoebe Hummingbird nest Julie? Phoebe disappeared and they had to rehab the chicks. They are to be released into the garden next Saturday at 9.30pm UK time, weather permitting that is.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Whilst the bald eagles are not yet breeding, the Decorah webcam is showing some excellent pre-recorded footage at the moment that is worth watching - ustream.tv/decoraheagles - footage of a silly mouse who strayed into the nest, eggs hatching and the chicks as they grew are currently scrolling through the Decorah link.

Not too long to wait for those of us who are addicted to the bald eagle nests... or the Phoebe Allen's hummingbird nest - phoebeallens/
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Ozzie and Harriet are building their nest, I've been watching them the past few days, they're so sweet, I think eggs may be on the way soon. The cameras have been updated too and are much better .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Ozzie and Harriet are building their nest, I've been watching them the past few days, they're so sweet, I think eggs may be on the way soon. The cameras have been updated too and are much better .
Excellent news Rebel - tyvm... off to take a look at their cam. I never tire of watching these incredible birds.
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

They were digging a "well" in the nest before I thought the eggs were coming but they flew away. There's just been two blackbirds sat there about 20 mins ago and they looked tiny, it really gives you an idea of how big the nest actually is .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was catching up with Romeo and Juliet the other day. Love them! I plan to have the stream going constantly in our villa when in Orlando this December, as we will be on their time zone for once!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I note on their FB page that two bald eagle statues have been errected by Ozzie and Harriets site - facebook/SouthwestFloridaEagleCam - you can see the photo's on there.

Although we are only about 25 mile from the site during the winter I still prefer to watch them on the webcam, but did notice that this nest brings in a lot of twitchers who gaze upward at the nest.

If you click on the Decorah link above there is footage of one parent bird keeping the eggs warm but they are covered in snow, you can only just make out the bald eagle head until it stands up from it's snowy blanket.
Old 19 Nov 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Harriet laid an egg about 20 mins ago, I'm so proud of her
Old 19 Nov 14, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Yay, I've been logging in 2 or 3 times a day for the last few days waiting for this. Well done Harriet!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List