Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Moving on from toddler bed...

My little boy is 3 and 3 months (can’t forget the 3 months) and currently sleeps in an amazing Thomas the tank engineer toddler bed. Which he adores. But he’s taken to climbing all over it and today inevitably slipped and split his lip open. He’s fine, these things happen but time for a proper bed. Not sure whether to get a divan or bed frame. Anyone moved their toddlers on and if so what did you go for?

I’m sure we will have lots of tears of the departure of Thomas, but if he won’t listen then it’s time for Thomas to depart 🤣
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
My little boy is 3 and 3 months (can’t forget the 3 months) and currently sleeps in an amazing Thomas the tank engineer toddler bed. Which he adores. But he’s taken to climbing all over it and today inevitably slipped and split his lip open. He’s fine, these things happen but time for a proper bed. Not sure whether to get a divan or bed frame. Anyone moved their toddlers on and if so what did you go for?

I’m sure we will have lots of tears of the departure of Thomas, but if he won’t listen then it’s time for Thomas to depart 🤣
We've got the Ikea Hemnes Day Bed and just bought a bed rail for it. Works really well and has loads of storage, she won't outgrow it either which is good.
Old 27 May 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
We've got the Ikea Hemnes Day Bed and just bought a bed rail for it. Works really well and has loads of storage, she won't outgrow it either which is good.
I love the day beds but think he will climb on it maybe?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I love the day beds but think he will climb on it maybe?
I don't think it's that climbable? Can you put it against a wall?
Old 27 May 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I don't think it's that climbable? Can you put it against a wall?

This is what he has now and he climbs onto the funnel at the front!

I wondered whether he would climb on the side of the day bed?
Old 27 May 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've got an Ikea single bed for our LB, it has drawers underneath which he gets to keep his toys.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is what he has now and he climbs onto the funnel at the front!

I wondered whether he would climb on the side of the day bed?
It’s pretty sturdy so it won’t break if he does 👍🏼
Old 27 May 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What about a Montessori bed ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We moved our daughter on from her toddler bed to a normal single bed at around that age, 3 years and 3-4 months, just after the holidays last year. She currently sleeps in an Ikea Hemnes bedframe (just the regular bed, not the daybed) and does absolutely fine with it - it's a hiig bit higher than her toddler bed, but she has never once fallen out of it (knock on wood).

We made it a 'treat' for her by investing in some nice bedding I knew she'd love (Mickey and Minnie Mouse!), and putting all her stuffed animals across the foot of the bed - she wasn't allowed them on her toddler bed as it was too small, so she LOVED this about the big bed and was so proud of being a big girl now. I too thought she might have hated giving up her toddler bed, but no - she was super happy with her big girl bed.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List