Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day, as always, I can really sense the emotion as it drew to a close.

Truly honoured to have a special mention too...it will be 10 years ago this Summer!

Thoroughly enjoying following your travels and photos...
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Lovely to meet up with Dibb friends .i’d have Thrown those crabs across the room
Always good to meet Dibb friends 😎
As for the crab legs they were far too much effort for so little meat. The hefty pliers provided were fun to use though 😂

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Another fab day

I remember you saying you'd just got into Epcot as you'd had the late night of EMH at MK the night before our meet up, but I hadn't realised you'd not even had breakfast when we met oh no that's some commitment to Dibb meet plans. I'm glad you didn't stand us up though as, like you say, I'd have felt rather silly bringing everyone there otherwise. You already know that you have a lovely family but it was a pleasure meeting you all. My Dad's excitement at nearly being a Galactic Hero was something special for us and it was fun to share the previous day's highlights with you all. Perhaps one day our plans will align again as it would be lovely to be able to catch up with you all if only to see how much the boys have grown.

Onto the actual day...It seems you had a laid back jaunt around Epcot. I love the riderless Test Track photo. Lucky that you got front row on Frozen, you're right it's a dreadful ride photo usually. The pre dinner and post dinner swims sound fun. You're really making great use of the pool and hot tub.

I was so pleased to read your thoughts on Cape May. It's somewhere we've never been before and it has made the cut for our trip this summer. I also went for dinner as I love seafood, but as Max isn't a massive fan it's great that there will be plenty for him to eat. Plus, he will enjoy watching me wrestle with a crab claw as much as Alison enjoyed watching you I imagine.

Sad that the onsite part of your stay is coming to an end now, but then that's only the beginning of a new part of the adventure. As always I'm looking forward to the next chapter

Thanks Abby

Cape May was great - breakfast review incoming too!
It really impressed all of us and also meant for all food desires to be sated.
It really does hit hard when a magical Disney stay comes to an end - the rest of the trip proves to have more of the exciting tales you have become acustomed to

Certainly hope that our holiday plans align in the future and I'm already enjoying reading your pre trip report for this year. x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fab day, your photos- especially of Spaceship earth- are making me both nostalgic and excited for the changes coming to Epcot. I'm pretty sure that Spaceship earth will be mid-refurb when we go. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic refurb but I'll miss having the opportunity to ride.
Love that you see the Epcot changes in the same light I do too - nostalgic for the past and excited for what is to come. Staying so close to Epcot made us appreciate it so much and we certainly got the opportunity say goodbye.
Shame you will miss Spaceship Earth, but again it will be fascinating to see how it is reimagined in the future.

Thanks for your continued reading - Day 10 coming very soon

Old 11 Apr 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I can only apologise, I have read this whole report so far and not commented (wrist slap) but now I find myself having far more time thanks to these circumstances, I’m now going to actually show my appreciation in you writing these days up

A fantastic day overall, lovely to have a Dibb meet. One that I have done before (hello Abby ).
We haven’t been to the parks since 2017, well not if you don’t count MNSSHP in 2018. I can imagine so much will have changed when we make it back in 2022.
A great last on-site day in Epcot just soaking up the atmosphere. We only visited the Boardwalk area for the first time in 2018 and can see the huge appeal for staying in that area for the close proximity to both Epcot and HS. Once the kids have fled I would love to stay in one of the hotels in that area, not fussy which but I think the Yacht Club looks to be my favourite!
I too am not a fish lover so it’s good to know they cater for us fussy folk too . I would have lost my cool pretty quick with those crab legs though, I like to eat my food as soon as it’s on my plate

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fantastic day. I totally understand why you needed that lie in this morning after yesterdays events. We find that there is a point in every trip where we've just been burning the candle too much at each end and some plans have to be cancelled in favour of sleep. You were very dedicated to get to the dibb meet without even having breakfast.

Cape May cafe is somewhere we've never considered as none of us are big seafood fans but your meal looks lovely so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to write it off.

I'm really enjoying your trip report and seeing how you make the time just to soak it all in.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I can only apologise, I have read this whole report so far and not commented (wrist slap) but now I find myself having far more time thanks to these circumstances, I’m now going to actually show my appreciation in you writing these days up

A fantastic day overall, lovely to have a Dibb meet. One that I have done before (hello Abby ).
We haven’t been to the parks since 2017, well not if you don’t count MNSSHP in 2018. I can imagine so much will have changed when we make it back in 2022.
A great last on-site day in Epcot just soaking up the atmosphere. We only visited the Boardwalk area for the first time in 2018 and can see the huge appeal for staying in that area for the close proximity to both Epcot and HS. Once the kids have fled I would love to stay in one of the hotels in that area, not fussy which but I think the Yacht Club looks to be my favourite!
I too am not a fish lover so it’s good to know they cater for us fussy folk too . I would have lost my cool pretty quick with those crab legs though, I like to eat my food as soon as it’s on my plate
You can apologise, but I need to also

You posted this ages ago and I have missed posting a reply to you - sorry for that and hope you continue to post a reply.

Our meeting with Abby was great and I still wish we had both put aside all that was planned for the day, we could have stayed all day - her Dad has legend status

Good to see you are planning for the years after the kids have fled
We have a plan too and it will always be to come back to The Yacht or Beach Club or indeed Boardwalk - just an amazing place to stay and to be at the heart of your whole holiday - don't tell the kids though

Cape May was such a good meal and I am so pleased that it survived the traditional should we / shouldn't we debate for Dining Plan options. Everyone enjoyed it, even me with those flippin' crab legs!

Appreciate you reading and a post in reply too - hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us

Old 3 Jun 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another fantastic day. I totally understand why you needed that lie in this morning after yesterdays events. We find that there is a point in every trip where we've just been burning the candle too much at each end and some plans have to be cancelled in favour of sleep. You were very dedicated to get to the dibb meet without even having breakfast.

Cape May cafe is somewhere we've never considered as none of us are big seafood fans but your meal looks lovely so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to write it off.

I'm really enjoying your trip report and seeing how you make the time just to soak it all in.
First stop of the day was The Rose and Crown - how bad does that sound - I'm blaming Abby

Cape May is proving to be a place that we talk about again and again at home, from me being unsure if it was to be of everyone's liking , it appears to be the place that was enjoyed because it was a surprising success, put it on the list and see what you think

Delighted you are enjoying the Trip Report and would also add a warning that a couple of days when we are off site , were pay back for all we managed to fit in whilst staying here.

As for soaking it all up - I'm finding myself talking more and more about this - the tendency is to go hell for leather after 'The Plan' - go a little slower and you find a bit of magic comes to you.
Not sure if you listen to the podcast but send me a PM if you want the link to our recent extra show - it sums it up so much better than I can put in words.

Thanks for your continued reading and your comments too - really appreciated

Old 5 Jun 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven't ever listened to a podcast about anything so I think maybe I should start.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I haven't ever listened to a podcast about anything so I think maybe I should start.
It is just like listening to the radio but you actually get to choose the content

We have a bit on The Dibb that you can have a look at what is there
Just click here to view

All our shows are on YouTube as an audio show they are the ones listed in our show notes.
I'll PM you with the links to the show I was talking about above - and if anyone is reading and wondering which one - have a listen to my favourite episode by clicking here