Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Apr 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What an amazing stay at the Yacht Club, you quite obviously made the most of every minute and took advantage of the fantastic location. You have trained the family well in the art of maximising a snack credit fancy Haagen Dazs no less it’s nice to change things up and the best bit is that whilst your Yacht Club stay is over, your holiday isn’t! I’m looking forward to the next instalment
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Thankyou for posting sounds like a fab last day on site! The yacht club sounds lovely!
Thank you for posting a reply too - much appreciated

Yacht Club is one amazing place to stay

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 05:55 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Been waiting for this :pgig a great last day on site, glad you all enjoyed it! Now you can spread out at the villa

Joan
Thanks Joan

You know how much we do enjoy the space and the different holiday that is enjoyed once in a Villa

Appreciate your continued reading and know you will read the Villa days too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Thanks for posting another day. Definitely much needed in this current climate! Look forward to the next instalment.
Thank you for such a lovely reply - really appreciate it as I was so close to just stepping back from this Trip Report in view of the current climate.

Days 12 and 13 are coming very soon

Old 7 Apr 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
So glad you have decided to finish this, as others have said it’s good to have an alternative to the BBC etc websites as a bit of an escape from all this madness.
This hotel: one day I hope... loving the group hug 😀

In times Like these we need a group hug 🤗 x

Delighted you will stick we me until the end too. Appreciate your lovely words and as for the hotel - keep that magical dream alive . It will see you through the madness that surrounds us now !
Take care and stay safe x

Old 7 Apr 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Hope that you are all well. Loved reading about your day. Great photos as always xx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing another day with us. Your handy nanny throwback photo is fab, triggered my memory bank too as my eldest was a huge handy manny fan back in the day. He's just turned 12 and we were talking about character meets earlier this evening. He claims hello still want them on our next trip (he'll turn 13 while we are there). Fingers crossed he still feels the same way when we get there.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you so much for continuing to post at this time, thoroughly enjoyed reading as always. Highly approve of the snack credit useage. Obviously well trained! Good to see Lake Wilson Reserve again, home to Welshwiz (Karen and Simon's) lovely villa too. Keep safe and well to you and yours x
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there! I'm also so pleased you're continuing to post your trip report. It doesn't mean you're oblivious to every thing that's going on in the world or insensitive to the hardship faced by many people. I firmly believe we are allowed to think about happier things and reminisce. How lovely that this day started with your boys remembering their own excitement at character meet and greets. The joy of the little one on the neighbouring table really takes me back. Plus, how cute are those old photos of the boys! What a treat for us.

A last goodbye to Yacht and Beach, but as this chapter closes the next opens, and you're off to the villa. I'm sure you had many an evening in the hot tub with a can or two. So, I daresay there will be many silver linings, not least not having to share the same bathroom and bedroom.

Oh and I just listened to the April 1st Mickey Waffle it was fab hearing you all give your reasons for which attraction or show was the winner. I don't suppose anyone was surprised to hear you plump for the nemo show. I think I'd have gone for Lion King I'm afraid. Thanks for still making sure that goes up too, I'm enjoying the distraction to every day events.

Thanks Abby, really appreciate your reply here as I keep looking at your pre trip report for this year and share so many of your fears and your percentage of expectation
That is one reason I have struggled replying to this post too.

I am glad you will keep reading as a distraction , your attention to detail and your wonderful replies show a dedication to seeing this through to the end, I won't disappoint

Throughout all of the typing up of this day the bouncing excitement of the boy on the table next to us was such a joy, one that you look back and yearn for. The photos of our boys serve as a reminder of the magic of those days too.

As for silver linings of the villa, there are so many - TV showing UK sports was a start
You are ahead of me on the hot tub with a beer or wine though
Will leave the whole own bathroom and bedroom to your imagination though

As for The Great British Waffle podcast - delighted you listened to the April show - we have a mid month one upcoming V.soon about Disney + and have a Disney Quiz on our you tube channel too.

Have a click here if you want your brain fried by the quality of questions and the sounds round too.

It's tough and will challenge you ( no google cheating allowed though!)

As for the May show - if you thought the culling of Nemo was hard - I'm hosting the show and have devised even more difficult moments to decide between

Appreciate your continued reading, support and also aware of your predicament about the summer x

Stay safe , hold those in your own home tight and lets all see what is on the other side of all of this.

Old 9 Apr 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What an amazing stay at the Yacht Club, you quite obviously made the most of every minute and took advantage of the fantastic location. You have trained the family well in the art of maximising a snack credit fancy Haagen Dazs no less it’s nice to change things up and the best bit is that whilst your Yacht Club stay is over, your holiday isn’t! I’m looking forward to the next instalment
The snack credit was a huge gain and I have to admit the lad in the shop possibly got his backside kicked - over double the value of a bag of goofy taffy Result!

I'm glad you are looking forward to the next bit as the whole holiday changes so much when you go off site - not for the worse either. Space, time and just an opportunity to go at a pace that allows for a bit of time to breathe!
Days 12 and 13 are posted - might not make for a great read , but we were in desperate need of resetting and just allowing the Yacht Club stay to soak in a bit.

Appreciate your post as always and have noticed your changed countdown too
To see you are heading home for Christmas is something really special .

Stay safe and enjoy that countdown