Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by POFQfan View Post
That was Attraction Tickets Direct but it must be coming direct from Disney.
Not necessarily. Third psrties can basically do what they want.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
For the first time I'm looking at cancelling after today's announcement. No parades or fireworks is a great disappointment for us, take out the meet and greet and i just feel by mid August there are too many things that won't be available.

Sorry I know it's a positive thread 😢
I feel the same , never gave it a thought I will have to wear a mask from when I leave my hotel room till I get back again , I only had it in my head I would have to wear a masks at Theme Parks . And no news on water parks.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by holidayforever View Post
I feel the same , never gave it a thought I will have to wear a mask from when I leave my hotel room till I get back again , I only had it in my head I would have to wear a masks at Theme Parks . And no news on water parks.
Seen it on one of the Disney News Sites.

Limited Transportation and the water parks aren't reopening.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

In the last half hour I've tried wearing a mask twice and each time I had to take it off after a few minutes as I couldn't breathe. I have asthma and chronic sinusitis and can't breathe through my nose anyway. So sadly I've joined the 'hope my flight is cancelled' club as there's no way I'll be able to wear a mask out there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CavySlave View Post
Seen it on one of the Disney News Sites.

Limited Transportation and the water parks aren't reopening.
Remained positive all the way along,but with that and the whole face mask thing,I’m not sure now really, but we’ll wait to hear more over the coming weeks. Can’t believe there can be this much of a reduced service without a reduction in price.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
Remained positive all the way along,but with that and the whole face mask thing,I’m not sure now really, but we’ll wait to hear more over the coming weeks. Can’t believe there can be this much of a reduced service without a reduction in price.
This is pretty much how I’m feeling right now 😐 I can’t see what the reduced experience will be like, will it FEEL like Disney?
Looking at the opening hours it’s just weird - parks opening at 10am! Although it definitely has opening hours for both typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach 🤨
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Ive said all along that having to wear a mask is a bit of a deal breaker. ☹️ But I honestly think that they won’t be compulsory for long due to people hyperventilating and passing out in the heat. But do I want to take that risk? 🤔 hmmm

Have we heard about water parks? I thought they would be open?

On a positive the Dibb Park hours have been revised for Magic Kingdom. 😀 they aren’t too bad other than they say no evening hours which isn’t too much of a surprise.

I’ve still not given up and will see how Universal get on.

Edit: just checked and it looks like they still have magic hours. 😆

Kat

Edited at 08:31 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Like most people it seems, we are undecided whether to proceed with our August trip (even if we are allowed) but the cost of cancelling / postponing is scary. we booked DIY so if the flight is going, we will lose the 2.5k for that (we are flying BA and their amendment scheme only runs for flights to July 31) and if we cancel our Disney booking, that will be a 15% fee, and if we sit and wait much longer to decide, that goes to 25% after our 60 day date

That’s potentially £4000 down the drain!

So stressful
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
In the last half hour I've tried wearing a mask twice and each time I had to take it off after a few minutes as I couldn't breathe. I have asthma and chronic sinusitis and can't breathe through my nose anyway. So sadly I've joined the 'hope my flight is cancelled' club as there's no way I'll be able to wear a mask out there.
Oh no, you've been the king of positivity this entire time. Don't give up hope - they may have cut back on restrictions by the time you go.
Old 28 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Oh no, you've been the king of positivity this entire time. Don't give up hope - they may have cut back on restrictions by the time you go.
Thank you 😀