Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Apr 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 25: Magic Kingdom & The Polynesian

Day 25: Magic Kingdom & The Polynesian
March 5, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

Today's quick movie:

I woke up just after 7AM with Michael beside me - he had skipped the gym today as he hadn't slept well and was feeling a bit tired. Myla woke soon after, we all had breakfast in the room and left at 8:35 for Magic Kingdom.

Love the lush tropical feel at the Poly's monorail station!

Monorail selfie! It was busy this morning, but we were inside MK about 15 minutes later.

Today we had planned a day of character meets, Myla was eager to fill up more pages of her book! The first meet we were going to was Merida - but it wasn't open for another 30 minutes, so we took some photos on Main Street first. A beautiful morning with a warm day ahead!

Myla didn't want to do the Photopass - for some reason she doesn't like these castle photos lol!

We walked around to Merida's meet and joined the 2 people already there at 9:10AM.

Merida came out at 9:15AM sharp, and we saw her 4 minutes later - usually during the day, she has a length queue, so it was definitely worth it again to go early!

She was really nice, and according to Michael, truly Scottish! He went to uni in Scotland and lived there for several years, and he was 95% sure it wasn't a fake Scottish accent lol.

Meeting Alice in Wonderland was next, she started at 9:30AM so we were able to walk right over and wait for her to come out after we were finished with Merida. No wait again - and another sweetheart.

Myla then asked to ride the tea cups, so Michael offered himself up - I won't go on these as the spinning makes me sick! She loved it though haha.

Our next character to find was Stitch! We walked around to Tomorrowland - he had a 10 minute queue by now, which was fine for us.

He actually went on a break just as it was our turn, but Myla didn't mind - she thinks they go to pee and is very understanding lol. When he came back, he was sooo cuddly, and indicated to the CM that he was keeping here haha!

We were all hungry for a mid morning snack, so we took a seat at the empty tables outside of Cosmic Ray's, and ate some snacks we brought with us - Michael had sandwiches and Myla and I ate some goldfish. A few friendly ducks came over to see hello!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Next up was our first FastPass, which I'd booked for Dumbo. Myla is a great age for this one, and loves this ride, especially controlling the elephant herself and making it go up and down haha!

Love these details of the peanuts in the concrete here!

Now it was nearly time to meet Winnie The Pooh, the main thing planned for today. Myla LOVES Winnie The Pooh at the moment. She has 2 books she asks me to read to her every night, Winnie The Pooh and the Honey Tree, and Winnie The Pooh and the Talent Show. She has little teddies at home of Pooh and his friends who live on her bed, and she watched the cartoon all the time. So she was SUPER excited about meeting Pooh and Tigger! We got to the meet about 10 minutes before it started, but unlike the other ones earlier today, this one was already very busy, with the queue spilling out onto the path. It was getting very hot in the sun, and we ended up waiting around 40 minutes - they took a break just as it was our turn, but Myla was being very good waiting patiently for them!

Finally it was our turn, and Myla rushed right over for her hugs. Tigger was so funny too, making a big deal of Michael's shirt and noting in Myla's book that he was the one and only Tigger lol. They were lovely and took their time with us, Myla was ecstatic and still talks about this nearly every day. Well worth the wait for her!

Next up we had a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear so we walked back to Tomorrowland. Myla is really getting into these interactive rides now - she loves this one and Toy Story Mania!

Don't ask me how, but somehow Myla and I managed to beat Michael's score! This is a total fluke as he normally scores 3x as much as us, and he wasn't best pleased - apparently his ray gun wasn't working right. I swear I've read that on many a trip report!

We had one more FastPass left for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, but like the other days, Myla said she didn't want to do it. So I checked if we could change it to anything else, and grabbed one for meeting Tiana and Rapunzel instead. The spare dress I had with me today, happened to have a Tiana print on it, so Myla insisted on changing before we went in. Both princesses were lovely again, and Myla was so happy meeting them.

It was 12:30 now, Michael and I were hungry, and Myla was getting tired. We tried the same trick we pulled a few days ago, walking from Fantasyland to Frontierland for lunch to see if she'd fall asleep again.

No luck today though - she was still wide awake by the time we got to Pecos Bill, so we just got lunch all together. It was very busy but we were able to find a table in one of the back rooms, where we sat down while I did mobile ordering. Michael had another veggie rice bowl, I had the plant based burger, Myla had the Uncrustables kids meal, and we loaded up at the toppings bar. Total was $33 for lunch - Michael and I really enjoyed ours, but Myla only ate the sides of hers and didn't want the actual Uncrustable, so we saved it for later.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

That was us kind of finished with the stuff I had planned for today, and I asked Myla if she fancied doing some of the things we hadn't gotten around to yet - maybe Country Bear Jamboree or Enchanted Tiki Room, or even the People Mover. But she said no, she didn't want to do any more rides, and only wanted to go back to the Poly and go swimming. Fair enough, it was hot enough! So we made our way back to the park entrance. I was taking photos as we walked, and Myla 'helped' me by pointing out things to take photos of, and them jumping into the photo herself lol.

We spotted more ducks as well!

We got on the monorail at 1:40, but there were some technical problems, It took about 10 minutes to actually leave the MK station, and it kept stopping, maybe going for 20 or 30 metres and then being stopped again. We eventually made it around to the Contemporary just after 2PM and they announced they had to reboot the system and it would take about 15 minutes. What are the monorails run on, Windows 95? Just reboot and keep your fingers crossed that'll magically fix it? Didn't inspire me with confidence, to be honest!

Eventually it started moving again, and it was 14:25 by the time we were back at the Polynesian, after 45 minutes on the monorail!

I popped the laptop open and got to work as soon as we got back to the room, while Myla and Michael chilled for a little while. He then got her changed and they headed down to the pool ahead of me. He'd planned to take her to the Lava Pool, but texted me later to say they were at the quiet pool after all - apparently Myla just likes that one better.

Once I was finished, I got changed too and went to Pineapple Lanai to get a Dole Whip Float, which I finished pool-side just after 4PM.

We stayed at the pool untill 5:15PM, and then headed back to the room for bath/showers. So handy we had 2 bathrooms at this hotel, Myla could be in the bath while Michael and I took turns showering!

We had originally planned to go do something again tonight, but we both felt pretty tired, so we decided not to go out that evening after all. I always struggle with some guilt in those situations, like I'm not making the absolute MOST of the day - but sometimes you gotta listen to your body too, and especially with a toddler around, it's important to not over-do it. So we just relaxed in the room and had peanut butter sandwiches for dinner - in fact, Myla had her Uncrustable from earlier.

All asleep by 20:30 after some movie watching in our big bed!

Edited at 09:56 AM.
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
christoby
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving all your Disney themed outfits.
christoby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day but at a slower pace, but we all need that sometimes

Joan
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Oh that Dole Float looked yummy! Your themed outfits are great.
Old 26 May 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

So many great character meets today. Tigger has always been my middle DD's favourite.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Loving the trip report. Thank you for writing it. Would love to go to Florida for 5 weeks. To be honest at the moment I'd love to go to Florida for 5 days. It's been so long. Your outfits look great.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List