Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I only started drinking coffee a couple of years ago. (Re)discovered Nespresso at the start of this year and now I have a Creatista Plus which is completely amazing for milk steaming. Had a Pixie + Aeroccino before which was very decent for milk heating/frothing.

Buying way too many Nespresso pods at the moment!

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
a couple of question for all you Nespresso aficionados. I was a huge Starbucks latte drinker, heading into lock down I managed to pick up a Tassimo Happy for a great price. I like the machine as it's easy to use and easy to clean (it has a cleaning disc that the machine reads) I also like that fact that I can fit my Starbucks grande cup under it. What I don't really like is the coffee, I don't drink flavoured coffee so the only Tassimo one I use is the Costa Americano and I'm not a huge fan of it. I find it quite bitter so I've been adding a tiny amount of hot chocolate to my warmed milk before adding the coffee and that's made it slightly better but I don't enjoy it like I did my Starbucks coffee.

After that long winded explanation my questions are, is the vertuo easy to use and clean and has anyone gone from the Tassimo Happy to the Vertuo and what did you think

Also how do you find a coffee you like with all that choice
I used to pop by Starbucks every now and then to get a coffee (latte or cappuccino usually) and food - was a Starbucks gold member for a couple of years. Actually am still am a gold member but won't be spending enough there this year for it to renew... mainly as after getting used to my Nespresso based drinks I no longer like Starbucks coffee as much as I used to!

There are Starbucks original line capsules, but I've found I like the Nespresso ones better.

And in terms of finding a coffee I like - I started off with a box of 10 sleeves, tried them all, decided which ones I liked and which ones I was never going to buy again. Then repeated that with similar types of coffee. Some Nespresso stores also offer tasting (not sure if they still do in current situation though). At any rate I ended up with a list of coffees I know I like that I keep ordering more of!
Old 15 May 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had a nespresso and aerochino a few years ago but it was never that hot. Is that anyone else’s experience?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I had a nespresso and aerochino a few years ago but it was never that hot. Is that anyone else’s experience?
Best thing to do, and it helps clean your machine, is to run through a large serve or two into your mug, but with no pod in. It warms your mug, and ensures that the machine gets a clean through
Old 15 May 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I always heat the mugs first, then run one through the machine without the coffee, after that it’s lovely and warm.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
As the coffee fiend in our house, I bought DH a Vertuo and Aerochino for Christmas and opted for the Vertuo as he prefers the larger cups of coffee and we've not regretted it at all. We have a Tassimo and tbh had stopped using it as apart from the Cadburys hot chocs which we got for the kids found everything else either too sweet or bitter.

Cannot fault Nespresso delivery service and customer service team who have been excellent and our last top up order arrived within 24 hours.

I am now a convert too and their Hazelino Muffin has become a very welcome morning elevenses break from work.

They do chocolates too 😀 Not tried the Biscotti - yet!
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
... We have a Tassimo and tbh had stopped using it as apart from the Cadburys hot chocs which we got for the kids found everything else either too sweet or bitter...
That's my problem so it looks like a Nespresso is the way to go

I am now a convert too and their Hazelino Muffin has become a very welcome morning elevenses break from work.

They do chocolates too 😀 Not tried the Biscotti - yet!
I definitely need one now

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I have the same issue. I have a Nespresso Magimix with a separate milk frother/aeroccino. The shot of coffee is always hot but the milk never is.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I bought a milk frother last year, used it twice... Now sitting at back of cupboard. Milk was nearly cold, so back to the microwave and a shot of coffee. My delivery is later this afternoon! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I got the citiz & milk machine in January after having dolce gusto machines for years. Theres no comparison with the machines like dolce gusto and tassimo in my opinion. If I was a coffee connoisseur I'd prob have a bean to cup machine but love my nespresso. Only coffee I'm not sure about is the cloudberry one. Jury is out on a coffee with a fruity twist.
Old 16 May 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Still says 79 when I check..

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List