Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
And of course you don't drive him nuts?
No not at all 🤣🤣
Well maybe just a little
Old 20 May 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I used to frequent a Pub my Wife's Parents owned. Always good for a stop on.

On New Years Eve 1980/1981 I walked in there with my friend and spotted this young Lady behind the Bar. I asked my friend who she was and he told me she was the Owners Daughter.

I said I intend to marry her.

Started going out maybe 6 Months later after her Dad set us up.

She was 20 and I was 26. Got engaged in 1982 and married in 1983.

Best thing I have done in my life.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Met dh at a My party at 23 and He gate crashed, he didn’t really just came with friends that were invited. I actually got rude to him,😆 we met a month later at a bar and then took it from there. Pretty much inseparable from then on, we still get on and have a laugh but he’s a bit annoying and always has been. ,We've had ups and downs but always carried on. We’ve got 3 kids, got engaged in Barbados and married in St Lucia and been together 33 years and married for nearly 28.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I always feel like my story makes me sound way worse than I am! Doesn’t help that my mum called me a tart!

When I was 19 I was seeing a guy from uni for around 5 months (we come from neighbouring towns and lived at home during uni) but he started to ignore me and acted like he didn’t want to meet anymore.

Then a guy I went to school with popped up and asked me on a date, in the town that uni guy lived...I responded by saying a night out with his friends would be good...

So I meet up with school guy and his friends and that’s when I meet my current partner in the bar (he’s part of school guy’s group) we get chatting and swap numbers...

Anyway I later on bump into uni guy and I end up ditching the group and I head off back to uni guy’s place...

The next day I leave uni guy’s place and he goes back to ignoring me, school guy starts ignoring me (obviously annoyed about the failed date) but my current partner spends around 11 weeks trying to persuade me to go on a date...

I eventually cave and 5 years later we are still happily together and we own our home, no marriage yet but it’s in our plans.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I vaguely know my DH from age 17/18 as my best friend and his friend dated for a couple of years. We didn’t really speak or get to know each other. Fast forward 5 years and I was out in a nightclub with another group of friends. I had decided I was going to go home early and on my way out to get a taxi I spotted him and he waved me over. We got chatting and he asked if I would like to go out the following week. We had our first date at the cinema then a burger afterwards and got on like a house on fire. We bought our first home 18 months later and were married 18 months after that. We have two children and have been married for 22 years this year. I could not love him more.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I was 17 and in a local amateur Gilbert and Sullivan society and we were putting on The Sorcerer.
One of the principals fell ill, and my friend, Jenny suggested a young bass she knew to step in. He arrived and I thought he was lovely so I followed him around like a puppy until he noticed me. He says he fell in love with my eyes as soon as he saw me. That was in 1974. We married in 1978 and have been together ever since. His habit of singing ALL the time has been a bit wearing in retirement/ lockdown, but I still love him!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

After finally escaping a 6 year violent relationship and moving back to my parents house broken and devastated.
I went out on Christmas eve with someone my sister knew who was also in a similar position. In the night club i met my husband who was a rugby mate of my sisters partner, he had just returned home after a long spell of playing rugby in Australia.
I was 25, he was 27 and we both knew this was it. We found a house to rent and moved in together after 12 weeks together.
22 years later we are still together, 19 years married with 3 children.
We have been through a lot together which i suppose could make you or brake you. Luckily it made us.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

It was 1974 I was 17 and on holiday on the IOM
DH 23 was there also on holiday..we just clicked...we both came from Liverpool.
We met up when we came back.
We were together for five months when we got married... I was eighteen.
We have now been married 45 and a half years.
Two lovely sons and three grandaughters later...life is still good lots of ups and downs along the way like most people...but it was the best thing I ever done.
Lockdown is a bit of a pain at times..I am still in work so not too bad..but DH is 70 now and has to stay at home...which for someone that is used to doing voluntary work at a hospice and parks and gardens..it can be boring for him...he cannot wait to get back to it all.

Edited at 10:48 AM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I have “interesting” relationships

Husband one - met at 16, married at 22, divorced at 29. Just met too young and felt Id missed my life !

Husband two - met at 30, married at 32, ( my two boys with this chap. They are now aged 23 and 20 ) divorced in 2005 aged 40 when I met husband three

Husband Three - met Husband at 40, married at 43 and divorced aged 47

Spent a few years either maniac single or long term relationships

Partner four - met at 54 and moved in together rather quickly. Extremely happy and been together for 18 months. Im retired and he works from home, so we are constantly together and loving it. Finally met a true soul mate and hope to be together forever
Old 20 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

DH was sent by the insurance company to repair my ceiling , I gave him a big telling off as he was two hours late!
After the first afternoon I secretly booked three days off work so I could be at home to talk to him
He lived two hours away and we commuted for the first few months then I just said this is such a waste of time just move in with me and he never left

We have both been in long relationships before and they had broken down before we met so we were both single , got married after a year been together been together 15 years
He has supported me through job uncertainty and worry and I have supported him through setting up a business which has taken off the ground due to his sheer hard work

He is amazing , helps with everything and can turn his hand to anything, I love him too bits .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List