Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Some lovely (and funny) stories.

I technically met my husband for the first time twice.

The real first time was when I took a McDonald’s cheeseburger to my friend in a pub and my (now) husband was there with her boyfriend and his friends who I didn’t care for. I was seeing someone else at the time who was also at the pub so I went and sat with him and his friends instead.

I’d heard all about my husband and he’d heard all about me and I don’t think either of us liked what we’d heard. He seemed like a show off to me.

The second story (the first time we met on purpose) was weirder and also involves McDonald’s
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Arrow

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
Some lovely (and funny) stories.

I technically met my husband for the first time twice.

The real first time was when I took a McDonald’s cheeseburger to my friend in a pub and my (now) husband was there with her boyfriend and his friends who I didn’t care for. I was seeing someone else at the time who was also at the pub so I went and sat with him and his friends instead.

I’d heard all about my husband and he’d heard all about me and I don’t think either of us liked what we’d heard. He seemed like a show off to me.

The second story (the first time we met on purpose) was weirder and also involves McDonald’s
sorry cant leave us on a cliff hanger
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

New Year’s Eve 1974, went out for a drink with 2 friends after work (9pm) first pub one of the girls spotted 3 boys she’d seen the week before, said drink up we’re going, headed out and they followed us... I took a peak said I don’t mind which one but not the little one in the middle, they said “go to Whites (another pub)”, mate shouts back “if you buy us a drink”... and yes I finished up with the little one in the middle. Engaged 4 months later and married a year after that, we were both 21 when we got married. 4 children and 10 grandchildren later we’ve been married 44 years.
We’ve had some very hard times, a couple of times come very close to divorce, but things are much easier now... thank goodness...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Met at school in 1995. I was supposed to move with my family to NZ 18 months later but refused due to not wanting to leave now DH. I think my decision really hurt my dad at the time but he accepted it. Luckily for me, DH parents took me in and he’s been stuck with me ever since. We have been together 25 years, married (in Orlando) for almost 17 years and two gorgeous boys. He’s my best friend. As much as I love NZ, I’m glad I didn’t get on the plane.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Joan and I also met in a pub in York that's now a fancy French restaurant charging tourist rates

It was December 1964 and we were both out with our respective mates for a typical Saturday night out. We were both 18 and drinking legally by then - unlike the year before Those were the days when you could go to the pictures, have three or four pints of John Smiths, a fish & chip supper and get change from a fiver.

A typical date would be "I'll see you inside the Rialto next Saturday then"

By coincidence Joan knew of me because she worked in a local hospital where a cousin and two aunties of mine worked.

Married in Feb 1967, two daughters, three grandchildren and a big C apiece we're still standing and happily retired.

Mick
Old 20 May 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Met my Hubbie when he came down from London to visit his Aunt in Essex, my Best Friend was his cousin, I saw him sitting in the lounge & thought “WOW” he’s cute 🙊❤️ Luckily he felt the same 😉☺️ I already had a Boyfriend though, so soon sorted that. Sad result was we fell out with my friend & her family, they didn’t want me to see him don’t know why & said it wouldn’t last 🤣🤣

The rest is history that was back in 1987 when we were 21, married the next year, had 2 boys aged 30 & 28 now, both married, one married in Orlando of course 🙄🇺🇸🙊@ Four Seasons.
1 DGS aged 3, 1 DGD age 1& a half & another DGD due this week ❤️
Married now for 32 years in October, I love him to bits & we share the same interests too, CAKE, exercise, family & holidays, obviously not in that order 🤣

Edited at 02:21 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Lovely thread

We are a Forces couple! It was 1991 and I was a WRAF working on the personal staff of an Air Vice-Marshal and his personal driver had 3 weeks annual leave when his wife had their first child. In steps Col to take over as personal driver for 3 weeks and we spent a lot of time in my office chatting, laughing and getting to know each other better (we had known each other for nearly a year already being based on the same camp).

On his last day filling in he called me on the very large car phone from the centre of London to ask if he could see me that night. He said he had decided to finish with his then girlfriend as he had met someone else … the last thing I wanted was to be to blame for a relationship breaking up but it must have been "meant to be" as several postings, 11 house moves and 2 gorgeous children later we are still together
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Met my Hubbie when he came down from London to visit his Aunt in Essex, my BF was his cousin, I saw him sitting in the lounge & thought “WOW” he’s cute 🙊❤️ Luckily he felt the same 😉☺️ I already had a Boyfriend though, so soon sorted that. Sad result was we fell out with my friend & her family, they didn’t want me to see him don’t know why & said it wouldn’t last 🤣🤣

The rest is history that was back in 1987 when we were 21, married the next year, had 2 boys aged 30 & 28 now, both married, one married in Orlando of course 🙄🇺🇸🙊@ Four Seasons.
1 DGS aged 3, 1 DGD age 1& a half & another DGD due this week ❤️
Married now for 32 years in October, I love him to bits & we share the same interests too, CAKE, exercise, family & holidays, obviously not in that order 🤣
Sorry got to ask. What happened to your husband's cousin? Was he your best man?
Old 20 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Thank you for your stories and nice comments, will go through and read in full when I have delivered my 92 year old mums shopping, the other side of town.

Keep em coming...

Disney332
Old 20 May 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I forgot to add that when we had been courting for about a year I decided to take my now Wife on holiday. To America of course.

Her Father was not a happy Guy!

Even more so when we decided to live in sin 6 months later

Shocking behaviour back then

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List