Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have enjoyed all our holidays ranging from Florida to Skegness apart from a weeks AI in Lara Beach Turkey, food was horrible, stuck in the same complex for one week solid with 2 bored children who kept asking what they were doing today! Eh, going to the pool again! Too used to trailing theme parks all day.
Old 26 May 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A contender for us was the best and wort all in one holiday. Early 1990’s A fantastic week, my and DD’s first trip to WDW and the first of many to there. The second week we were in Jamaica. I was ill with tummy trouble, great hotel but unsafe to go out (a strong well built Guest had his trainers robbed off him in the hotel grounds). The hotel attempted to rip us off moneywise but luckily the tour rep had warned us to watch out. Finally the total hassle everywhere for money and a sweet looking old lady told DD aged 7 to f*** off at the market when we were trying to shop.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Best holiday
A close second would be our first Disney trip with the kids in 2007 but the winner would be our west coast trip in 2014

Worst was a week in Torquay when I was about 15
Literally rained all week .
Trivial pursuits had just come out and we were playing in a hotel communal area . The hotel manager ( a very well to do chap ) came up to us and asked what we were playing just as a question came out where the answer was ‘ The Batsmans Holding the bowlers Willey’ 😂
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really hard to choose a best, Florida of course is a contender as is Egypt- first holiday Dh and I took together- cruise down the Nile and then a week in Luxor, we stayed in the hotel where Agatha Christie was supposed to have written part of Death on the Nile. However I think the winner is a trip to Lapland when the girls were 6, just magical.

Worst- not the whole holiday but certainly had it's moments- went with friends to Hurghada Egypt. They had chosen the hotel and it was awful, really noisy party hotel, not what we expected at all. My now husband went diving and ended up with the bends- was taken to a military hospital and put in a decompression chamber. I spent the night traveling in a taxi taking his passport and insurance documents, seeing him been taken into the tank and having to leave him.
My "friends" response the next day was to berate me for ruining their holiday and then they went on a boat trip and left me alone.
Thankfully the holiday rep was lovely- arranged for us to be moved to another lovely, quiet hotel and once my Husband came out we changed hotels and never saw the 'friends' again- we had a great holiday just the two of us.
Old 27 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Worst-Butlins, Minehead in 2004. The place was awful. The carpet in the chalet was so dirty we had to keep our shoes on.
Best is a Tie. Disney 2015, need I say more. Or any one of our weeks in Friars Cliff, Dorset. It’s always so relaxing
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Despite having visited many, many places during his lifetime including WDW most years, my then 8 year old declared a £100 week in a grotty caravan in Yorkshire when we first got our eldest pup, his best holiday ever!

For me, best would have to be The Maldives, there's nothing on earth that compares to flying over those islands in a sea plane and landing in paradise.

Worst is tricky, I pretty much just enjoy any holiday we have, probably 2 weeks in Majorca with a friend when my DD was 18 months old (she's 24 now) it rained almost constantly and how she treated her son was a very unpleasant eye opener to me.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My worst was a return to WDW one year after my husband had died. It was too soon, but a friend who was desperate to visit there who had never been before persuaded me to take a joint ladies trip.
However, just before we left she had met a new man who she is now married to. So she had gone from divorcee to the first flush of a new relationship. She spent all day and every evening on the phone to him, calling and texting. That would continue until about 2am. I’ve never felt more isolated before. It wouldn’t bother me now but it was too raw to even be there! At one point she even suggested that I try online dating !
We are still friends to this day, but I couldn’t wait to get home from that holiday.
I have two bests.
My 65 th birthday and the 10th wedding anniversary of My husband and his wife who live in Vancouver. We met in Toronto and flew to Turks and Caicos. It was bliss to share our time there and we had so much fun, and the beach was fabulous. That was in 2018.
Then in 2019 at the same time my daughter, husband and two kids went with me to meet them as they travelled over from Vancouver to stay at Disney. My son met his nephew aged 11months for the first time and his niece aged three for only the second time. Auntie Tam and Uncle Simon have become firm favourites with the little ones who now adore each other. We went to The Crystal Palace on my birthday and it was a magical experience watching the kiddies with Pooh Tigger Piglet etc.
Fabulous.
Old 27 May 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My best holiday was last years Orlando. We had 2 weeks in a villa and 5 nights at HRH in a club future rockstar suite. It was mums 82nd birthday so we did character breakfast at the grand Floridian. Only Disney we did was a villains after hours event but spent lots of time resort hopping to see the hotels and time at Disney Springs. The time at the hard rock was amazing. The suite and club level was a surprise for mum and she loved it. Everyone got on brilliant and all commented on how good a time we had.
In contrast, we did New York and orlando for almost 3 weeks for my 40th with my sister and BIL too. We had indirect flights via London from Manchester and were up super early to go to airport. We were shattered by the time we got to NY. We had bought our attraction tickets prior to going and hadn’t been sent a voucher that we needed so much stress on the first day (my actual birthday) lots of time sorting that out then found out the person that was looking after our dog decided they couldn’t do it anymore. More sorting out but from NY. It rained heavily while we were there too.
When we got to Orlando, my BIL and dd fell out and she returned home a week early (she was 20 at the time) but a horrible atmosphere for the rest of the holiday.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FeFe View Post
My best holiday was last years Orlando. We had 2 weeks in a villa and 5 nights at HRH in a club future rockstar suite. It was mums 82nd birthday so we did character breakfast at the grand Floridian. Only Disney we did was a villains after hours event but spent lots of time resort hopping to see the hotels and time at Disney Springs. The time at the hard rock was amazing. The suite and club level was a surprise for mum and she loved it. Everyone got on brilliant and all commented on how good a time we had.
In contrast, we did New York and orlando for almost 3 weeks for my 40th with my sister and BIL too. We had indirect flights via London from Manchester and were up super early to go to airport. We were shattered by the time we got to NY. We had bought our attraction tickets prior to going and hadn’t been sent a voucher that we needed so much stress on the first day (my actual birthday) lots of time sorting that out then found out the person that was looking after our dog decided they couldn’t do it anymore. More sorting out but from NY. It rained heavily while we were there too.
When we got to Orlando, my BIL and dd fell out and she returned home a week early (she was 20 at the time) but a horrible atmosphere for the rest of the holiday.
That's a good recommendation for HRH, will definitely look at it for future trips!

What a nightmare second trip, families falling out is the worst, I'm sure you were caught in the middle.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I've had many wonderful holidays, for which I feel really grateful, but I think the best so far was last June's trip to the West coast of America. My mum had died 8 months prior to us going, and I remember standing on the deck of the boat that was taking us on a trip round Lake Mead to view the Hoover Dam, on Sunday 09 June 2019, with the sun beating down on me and sky a glorious blue, and feeling truly happy for the first time in nearly a year. That evening, we had a wedding vow renewal at The Graceland Chapel in Vegas, surrounded by a small group of absolutely lovely friends, conducted by "Elvis" - it was so much fun and just the perfect end to the day. The next 3 weeks were a haze of Las Vegas, Disneyland, and a road trip that took in Redondo Beach, the Queen Mary, a loop through various towns in Arizona, the Grand Canyon, and ending back at the Hoover Dam. Just wonderful.

I have 3 worsts, in varying degrees - 1. The year myself and ex-hubby took our then small children on a camping trip in Luxembourg - it rained solidly for 2 weeks!; 2. The year we all went to Torquay for a week, gorgeous cottage, but one after another the 4 of us came down with an horrendous and enthusiastic stomach bug, which pretty much wiped out the entire holiday; 3. The year we went to Florida with my parents and my sister, and without exception every single one of us fell out with the others at various points during the 3 weeks we spent in one huge villa together. Horrible!