Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rding View Post
Why not? We spent a week there in February it’s an amazing place loads to do and I ticked some stuff off my bucket list.
my son broke his neck playing rugby, we manage florida because of the equipment we have over there and the flight (he is only allowed to sit for so long and limited flights from scotland) so the flight to san Francisco would be too long

my parents went there years ago and it sounded a wonderful place, he still talks about the clam chowder soup

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Thanks guys .. I knew you would have ideas 👍🏻
As it’s just me I’m hoping to not drive so road trips are out but I do really like the idea of New Orleans or New England ... gonna have to get the map out .. I know internal flights are easy enough 👍🏻
We went to New Orleans in April 2018 and had a great time.

WileyCoyote (Amanda) has been to New Orleans a few times and has some great trip reports over in the general trip reports section. This has to be one of my favourite trip reports on the Dibb! I challenge you to read this without pricing up flights immediately after https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post13153705

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
my son broke his neck playing rugby, we manage florida because of the equipment we have over there and the flight (he is only allowed to sit for so long and limited flights from scotland) so the flight to san Francisco would be too long

my parents went there years ago and it sounded a wonderful place, he still talks about the clam chowder soup
So sorry about your son & you won’t get to San Fran we love it there & have been 3 times, the Hubbie like your parents loves the Clam Chowder too
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I want to go to Boston & Chicago which was obviously cancelled this year, I’d done lots of research, finding nice restaurants as you do 😋& booked trips too, fingers crossed for next year maybe 🇺🇸🤞
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I want to go to Boston & Chicago which was obviously cancelled this year, I’d done lots of research, finding nice restaurants as you do 😋& booked trips too, fingers crossed for next year maybe 🇺🇸🤞
Chicago is a wonderful city but damned cold in the Winter.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Chicago is a wonderful city but damned cold in the Winter.
Yep we’ll give the winter a miss I think 🥶🥶🥶🤣🤣🤣
This April would’ve been great 🇺🇸
Old 26 May 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d definitely look at where else in the South you could get too-personally I’d happily do a road trip for one and look at some of New Orleans, Memphis, Charleston, Savannah, Chattanooga etc. I’m sure you do do it by coach if you didn’t want to drive. Or as others have said going further afield is pretty easy. Boston is my all time favourite place, but my favourite road trip is the Western States roughly LA, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite, Pacific Coast-which you’ve at least done some of already. Next time I’m going somewhere I haven’t been I’m probably going to go to a Texas.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List