Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mc PS4 IGN is Grouchy_Clown and Rockstar name is gsxralltgeway

looking for more players for our COD sextion on modern warfare if anybody wants play with us :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Another avid gamer here, been doing this for as long as I can remember! When video gaming became a thing, I borrowed my ex-father-in-law's Pong, then bought a handheld electronic game of Blackjack, and then played games on cassette tapes on my ZX Spectrum, (I once spent an entire day writing the code for a working clock on it, which played for about 2 mins on the TV and then froze!). Moved from there onto CDs and online games on the PC, followed by my first proper foray into handheld systems - but always Nintendo. Started with a Game Boy, then N64, then Gamecube, bought a PS1 from a guy at work who was emigrating to Australia, moved onto a 3D Gameboy, then a Wii, followed by a Switch, and more recently bought an Xbox One from the USA as it was cheaper than the UK. Got it home, unpacked it, and discovered that the power brick and plug were US so I can't actually play it until I find a power brick and plug that I can trust and is in stock (anyone got any suggestions? Amazon always seem to sell ones that are made in China that I wouldn't trust not to burn down the house!). Also play simple stuff on my phone, plus have an iPad with a couple of important-to-me games on.

Good grief, when I see it written down like that, it looks like I am obsessed!

Anyhoo, my favourite games are anything to do with Zelda, (Twilight Princess on the Wii is AMAZING), anything Mario that isn't racing, (I get travel sick - seriously!), any platformers such as Spyro, and Disney games like Magic Kingdoms. Nothing very stabby or shooty!
Old 27 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Yea I'm a gamer I grew up playing games. I used to play PC a lot but my current PC wouldn't run many games now. I have an Xbox and PS4 but I mainly use the Xbox as that's what most of my friends use. The PS4 only gets used for their exclusive games. I've just bought God Of War for it.

Xbox I play loads of different games I have the game pass too which has 100's on there. I'm mainly playing COD and GTA5 online at the minute.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Not me - I just play games on my phone - but years ago I won a Nintendo 64. This got my kids into gaming bigtime.

My son now works for Rockstar Games making GTA and Red Dead - dream job! He's been there 4 years now!

My daughter met her boyfriend on Tindr because he's a Nintendo nerd too - they have all sorts of consoles and crew stuff. They've been together a year now! She now has a successful Etsy shop selling stuff she's made based round Zelda and Pokemon mainly. (pm me for the name as I can't advertise it!)

Often wonder what how things would have turned out if I hadn't won that prize!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
I'm 56 and every night during lockdown I have been able to play mario cart 8 with my son and his girlfriend who live 8 hours away via online switch - actually our other son and his girlfriend join to so we have quite a battle - it has kept us entertained - he bought me Animal Crossing for mothers day and I can't stop playing that either - so am I classed as a gamer?
Old 27 May 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alisonjones View Post
so am I classed as a gamer?
do you play games?

then you're a gamer. its not just sweaty teens playing FPS games, shouting racist stuff into their headset and complaining about ethics in videogame culture
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
I'm a PC gamer currently but have been Playstation for number of years but recently came back to PC.

Are there any Dibbers who follow my interest?

Jaff
Afraid not, I just don’t seem to have the coordination. Gave up playing once the kids started beating me consistently. DS1 however races against Boogie from radio Forth every Sunday in his Forthula1 season. (F1 2019 on PS4) it’s quite entertaining.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Not me - I just play games on my phone - but years ago I won a Nintendo 64. This got my kids into gaming bigtime.

My son now works for Rockstar Games making GTA and Red Dead - dream job! He's been there 4 years now!

My daughter met her boyfriend on Tindr because he's a Nintendo nerd too - they have all sorts of consoles and crew stuff. They've been together a year now! She now has a successful Etsy shop selling stuff she's made based round Zelda and Pokemon mainly. (pm me for the name as I can't advertise it!)

Often wonder what how things would have turned out if I hadn't won that prize!
My son also works for Rockstar making those games too, he has been there 9 years! Small world..
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
Yea I'm a gamer I grew up playing games. I used to play PC a lot but my current PC wouldn't run many games now. I have an Xbox and PS4 but I mainly use the Xbox as that's what most of my friends use. The PS4 only gets used for their exclusive games. I've just bought God Of War for it.

Xbox I play loads of different games I have the game pass too which has 100's on there. I'm mainly playing COD and GTA5 online at the minute.
Exactly why I bought a PS4 haha so many great exclusive games...God of War, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus...Xbox doesn't tend to have many great exclusives. The last ones I really enjoyed was the Fable series so going back a bit.

God of War is great by the way.
Old 27 May 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

What game is everyone looking forward to playing next, either released already or due to be released?

I cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077 - it's made by the same studio as The Witcher 3 which is a fantastic game. I'm excited to see how they have used their systems and experience to develop a futuristic setting.

I recently finished playing Jedi Fallen Order - solid game.