Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Booking new for 2021

Has anyone booked or is planning on booking a new Disney trip, rather than a rebook/reschedule for 2021 right now? Most of what i'm reading is for a rescheduled trip which I think affords more protection.

My finger was literally on the book button last night for BA flydrive next year, but I hesitated.

I was thinking that I wanted something in concrete incase Oct doesn't happen (then we would reschedule those flights for some other time), but I just don't know in terms of insurance etc, and also whether it's the best time to book price wise.

Has anyone booked a brand new trip for 21?

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Has anyone booked or is planning on booking a new Disney trip, rather than a rebook/reschedule for 2021 right now? Most of what i'm reading is for a rescheduled trip which I think affords more protection.

My finger was literally on the book button last night for BA flydrive next year, but I hesitated.

I was thinking that I wanted something in concrete incase Oct doesn't happen (then we would reschedule those flights for some other time), but I just don't know in terms of insurance etc, and also whether it's the best time to book price wise.

We are just waiting on Disney dining hopefully being released then we will book. If they don’t release then we will stay offsite. Our insurance covers us for medical costs if we get COVID but not if the holiday has to be cancelled because of COVID. I’m fine with that
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wanted to book this week with virgin atlantic using my airmiles but there is an issue with logins for members since last sat.
I think there is something more going on behind the scenes the a software glitch
Now I have doubts about booking not only about covid but about virgin going into administration unless they can raise funds or backers asap
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

I do have more confidence in booking with BA at the moment I have to say, despite always flying with Virgin.

Hoping to check with our insurer tonight that they cover Covid medical, which i'm sure they do but want to be certain. They won't cover Covid cancellation as wouldn't be a reschedule but that's fine with us.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Just booked 😮

BA flydrive holiday for easter next year.
Old 27 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have booked for July 21 with Ever after holidays but only doing 4 days at Universal (Royal Pacific) and then 10 days at Cabana Bay; got a price we were happy with and only low up front deposit required, rather than paying out fully for flights; decided to give Disney a miss as didn’t want to wait for free dining (may not happen) and think prices will go up once they are fully open
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
Have booked for July 21 with Ever after holidays but only doing 4 days at Universal (Royal Pacific) and then 10 days at Cabana Bay; got a price we were happy with and only low up front deposit required, rather than paying out fully for flights; decided to give Disney a miss as didn’t want to wait for free dining (may not happen) and think prices will go up once they are fully open
That's brilliant, have wondered what Ever After Holidays are like after seeing them featured on a Youtube blog. They seemed to look after the travellers really well when everything started.

Have broken my tradition of booking DIY with Virgin and booked the BA package. Like you we only paid a deposit which again is unusual for me, but after all the recent experiences collated on here seems like a very good idea.
Old 27 May 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The excellent way Ever After Holidays refunded or amended holidays for people this year was a major factor in us not doing our normal DIY and was impressed with the fact they answered phone almost immediately and were quick to respond to e-mails
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
The excellent way Ever After Holidays refunded or amended holidays for people this year was a major factor in us not doing our normal DIY and was impressed with the fact they answered phone almost immediately and were quick to respond to e-mails
I had heard that too. Seems like a very respectable company. For me it was between them and BA holidays.
Old 28 May 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post

We have, for August next year! I really didn't want to cancel but the travel agent wanted over £2000 more for next year. As we'd only paid deposit, it was cheaper to walk away and rebook with a different company. We've not gone for a villa this time though, opted for universal endless summer. Sad it's not this year, as it was a celebration but confident next year will be a better experience.
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List