Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by paw View Post
I broke a back tooth (Filled) the second week of lockdown. I am very aware of it, a deep light ache but not acute. I phoned the dentist and they advised buying temporary filling material as I wasn’t classed as an emergency. They had sent an email out a few days before asking everyone to get an emergency dental kit together, luckily I did it immediately because a few days later you couldn’t buy the stuff for love or money.

Anyway, I have been putting in the filling material every couple of days as the side of the tooth has gone and I can’t pack it in. At least it is tiding me over. They sent a further email yesterday to say once open people who had been in contact would get priority - don’t think I’m bad enough for that yet as there are others in more pain.
Same here - having to re-apply it every few days as the side of tooth has completely gone. Initially I had a lot of pain & called 111. Got triaged twice, still then told there wasn’t really much they can do (apparently if you are seen at a dental hub they will more than likely remove the whole tooth rather than treating). Fortunately my pain seems to have dissipated somewhat. I’m trying to be extra stringent with dental routine, and also using Corsodyl mouthwash to help.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
@paw - any tips - not even sure which bits of the kit to use.
When the emergency filling material drops off I clean my teeth and swish the Oraldine around to kill off germs. I couldn’t get the kits that have a liquid to prep the area so the paste will stick or clean the hole, will know to keep it in in future.

I then use a thin metal plaque remover that I have had for years to place tiny amounts of the paste in the gap. I press it gently into place and slowly add more until the bit thats causing the pain is well covered. I found just pressing a lump in didn’t work and I couldn’t get it in the right place. If you have the Dentek kit I find the spatula useless. I put paste in and it immediately follows the spatula out and crumbs fall over my gums. A good magnifying mirror and a bright light are very helpful.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
you have been very lucky I broke a tooth around 6 week ago,the dentist refused to do anything except take it out and then only if causing pain,luckily no pain yet but doubt it can be saved now
Yes they drilled it down but my mouth was covered by a dental damn and it took a very long time (I was numb and mouth clamped open so no real problem ) - all in all I was delighted they were able to tear me following the guidance (which I googled ) and am now pain free and have a complete tooth . Hope the relaxation comes in soon as need a hygiene appointment and they aren’t currently allowed .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by paw View Post
When the emergency filling material drops off I clean my teeth and swish the Oraldine around to kill off germs. I couldn’t get the kits that have a liquid to prep the area so the paste will stick or clean the hole, will know to keep it in in future.

I then use a thin metal plaque remover that I have had for years to place tiny amounts of the paste in the gap. I press it gently into place and slowly add more until the bit thats causing the pain is well covered. I found just pressing a lump in didn’t work and I couldn’t get it in the right place. If you have the Dentek kit I find the spatula useless. I put paste in and it immediately follows the spatula out and crumbs fall over my gums. A good magnifying mirror and a bright light are very helpful.
Ahh thank you - I do have that our - I’ll give this a go this afternoon - fingers crossed!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List