Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Hmm we can tell who's the boss in the relationship that's all I can say...
Ironic ... how many times do we see posts “Husband fancied a change but me and the kids told him we are going back to Disney”
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Ironic ... how many times do we see posts “Husband fancied a change but me and the kids told him we are going back to Disney”
As in the saying" Happy Wife Happy Life "
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
I'm fascinated that people are so bothered. And that people can come to such fixed conclusions based on speculation.

Interesting that there are way more posts on this thread than on the one about Prince Andrew.
I guess it was because there wasn’t much to discuss about Prince Andrew. We all agreed that he is a sex pest and a slimeball.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sidsmum View Post
I watched that clip on GMTV too, it was like a different person. Sadly I have seen it happen in my own family when a person is so controlled and changed by another they lose themselves. This reminds me of that, so sad 😟😢
Is Harry controlled by Meghan, I don't know them enough to say one way or another

Edited at 04:44 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
The stories I have read of her blog show she never claimed to be a strict vegan (she liked pasta with cheese and fish and chips for example). Later she clarified that she tried to be vegan during the week and more liberal with her diet at weekends, when her favourite foods were seafood, sushi, roasted chicken, and omelettes.

Never let facts of a kind get in the way of a negative press!

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
For me it’s the ultimate insult that Meghan in dialling into the meeting. The fact they never returned with Archie meant they had no intention of staying for any period of time.

Wouldn’t mind being a fly in the wall today!
Can’t blame her, if I was the mother of an 8month old I would not want the child to travel all the way from Canada and all the way back or to spend time in a country where clearly the vitriol towards me and my family was so negative. I would want to spend time in a relaxed atmosphere not with my every move with my child being chased and hounded by the press As with Diana.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Is Harry controlled by Meghan, I don't know them enough about them to say one way or another
No, go for it, much of what we know is based on absolutely nothing at all.

I think they’re actually aliens with lizard tongues, I read it somewhere
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Admittedly - I'm an outsider looking in, but I worry about the Queen in all of this. What if all this added stress and negativity impacts her health? How could her grandsons live with themselves if, heaven forbid, all of this family drama causes the Queen's health or physical well being to suffer?
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
Admittedly - I'm an outsider looking in, but I worry about the Queen in all of this. What if all this added stress and negativity impacts her health? How could her grandsons live with themselves if, heaven forbid, all of this family drama causes the Queen's health or physical well being to suffer?
I would imagine they will rationalise that she has had a longer life than average and then blame the newspapers.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Everyone is blaming Meghan, maybe this is Harry's decision and Meghan is going along with it
Agreed - People talking here like they know the guy personally, and know Meghan as well and what goes on behind closed doors!

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Yes, she should definitely come back... order up the private jet now! Or would that be insulting because it would come from public funds.
Imagine the outcry from the Tabloids "Meghan doesn't care about the environment as she flys back to the UK for family meeting instead of Skyping in"

My 2 cents on the whole situations :-

IMO they can do what they want, it's their life so they should live it how they choose - everyone kicking off (not so much on here, but all over social media, on press articles etc) saying "they should renounce their titles" how do you know they even WANTED to keep their titles and then told by Charles in the initial talks "Don't be so silly, you will keep your title", people kicking off about them staying in the cottage when in the UK, again, how does anyone know they were not told by Charles they need to stay there when they are in the UK? No one knows what has been said between him & his Father already, no one fully knows the reasons why they want to step back, but they do and it doesn't make them bad people.

The whole "what Meghan wants Meghan gets" thing really grates on me - perhaps it's true, perhaps it's not, many men do everything they can to keep their wife & mother of their child happy, just like many women do the same in return for their husband. One person has said that and every man and his dog online has picked it up and run with it and turned it in to something (once again) to use to demean her and I suppose Harry as well, as they are essentially saying Harry isn't capable of making his own decisions and I think he comes across as as a man who very much knows his own mind and what he wants and isn't afraid to voice that to anyone! How do people know that this isn't a 50/50 thing? Why shouldn't she be allowed to expresses her desires / what she wants / suggestions for their future of a family unit, I get she has married Prince Harry, a member of the monarchy but that doesn't mean she should have to, or has surrendered all her self worth / thoughts / wishes to his family, she may have floated some ideas and hes gone "you know what, you're right, and I actually really want to do this as well"

There is probably a million different reason they want to step back, perhaps Harry is SO petrified that what happened to his mother will happen to His wife, who he is obviously besotted with? Perhaps he is terrified that Archie will loose his mum just like he lost his own mother? Perhaps he saw from a young age what being in a Monarchy that doesn't really want you did to his mother and he doesn't want that for his wife? Perhaps he has ALWAYS wanted to step back but never had the support or confidence of that one person that everyone always needs and now he has that in Meghan he is confident to try and break protocol and make his own path? What if Meghan is so heavily in the throws of Post Natal Depression that the negative media is pushing her to breaking point and he is trying to help her and protect her from that (Severe PND is horrific). They could have found some new charities they want to advocate for and support and the Royals have said no (I believe they need to get approval of why they support?) so that could be another factor - It could be None or All of the above - the point is, no one has a clue, not even 10% of what goes in in their lives and what conversations they have in private and what their personal thoughts / fears are and so for me... their decision is justified TO THEM so I wish them well.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Yes, she should definitely come back... order up the private jet now! Or would that be insulting because it would come from public funds.
Of course no one is expecting her to fly back but in my opinion she shouldn’t have left in the first place.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread