Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Interesting.
A very slight change to our “manage my booking” on Vas web site.
Booking still there, seats still there, but on the front page of MMB, the “days to your flight” and “days to cheekin” have disappeared, to be replaced with link, “please read our travel news updates Before flying”
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are booked up for Disney cruise from Puerto Rico in November and a few days in key west. I don’t see cruising being up and running by then. I’m afraid with everything coming out of Florida we won’t be going near it. Disappointing but not worth the risks involved.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdf View Post
We are booked up for Disney cruise from Puerto Rico in November and a few days in key west. I don’t see cruising being up and running by then. I’m afraid with everything coming out of Florida we won’t be going near it. Disappointing but not worth the risks involved.
We’re supposed to be on that cruise too. PIF date is next week. I’ll pay and see what happens
Old 25 Jul 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Does anyone know if Disney are allowing people to defer final payments? We're due to pay off our November 2020 holiday in mid September, but with the CDC not allowing in flights to MCO, it makes me wonder whether we could ask for a final payment extension into October. It seems silly to pay off £2.5k to only have to ask for a refund weeks later.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Mobile

Our friends were due to visit in November, they were 50/50 but I have said I don’t feel it would be safe for them and they have now deferred.

It’s quite honestly beyond scary and the things we are being told is the tip of the iceberg of the actual reality of the situation.

Scary and quite frankly horrifying.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Our friends were due to visit in November, they were 50/50 but I have said I don’t feel it would be safe for them and they have now deferred.

It’s quite honestly beyond scary and the things we are being told is the tip of the iceberg of the actual reality of the situation.

Scary and quite frankly horrifying.
I am gutted tbh at missing my trip but at the end of the day it’s not really important. I honestly can’t see the point of spending so much money and take so many risks. Was looking forward to visiting Puerto Rico but they have delayed allowing tourists back in. Everything is pretty much closed down and they have curfews in place. You also have to show a negative Covid test taken within the previous 72 hours.

I have been reading your posts the last few days or so. Stay safe.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nogin
New Poster (3)

November 10th 3 weeks in the sun. VS75 Aargh. Fingers crossed
Nogin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
StonesThree
Getting to know the DIBB

Finally managed to get Virgin Holidays to cancel our Nov trip. We have lost the deposit, but we should hopefully see the rest of the money this side of xmas!

Once our Travel Insurance no longer covered us for any covid-related cancellations or medical costs it became a bit of a no-brainer. Not worth the risk IMO.

We decided we didn't want to have to go through all this nonsense next year so we are getting the park ticket money back as well. Luckily I bought the flex-plus tickets so we only lose £50 on those.

Maybe look at going in 2022. We will have to see what happens over the next 12 months.
StonesThree is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
zom414
Gone all Goofy

Flying out on the 02 Nov 20 on BA0207, anyone else on that flight?

We thought we were being good by paying the whole holiday off early but now been told that if we cancel our flights we'll lose everything as they've been ticketed. My TA keeps mentioning ticketed but there's nothing on their T+Cs that says this, only that if I cancel 70 days before (23 Aug ish) we would have to forfeit the 10% deposit.

Don't really want to go now but looks like I'll have to stick it out and hope BA cancels the flights so we can get our money back.
zom414 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Joining in. We are booked for November 9th, I'm trying to stay positive, I've already had my July holiday cancelled and praying that I can still go there in November.

What's concerning me atm is.. Even if they lift travel restrictions and allow us to fly to Orlando, there could possibly be a 14 day quarantine imposed onto us when we arrive into the US. And the same again when we arrive back to the UK. I'm going to sit tight for now and see what happens. At least our park tickets have been extended to end of September 2021

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List