Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile US election - not political

Is it just me who feels we are hearing more about the US election than we ever do our own. It's even knocked Covid and Lockdown into the he background.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I was supposed to arrive in Florida yesterday and intended to stay up tonight to watch some of the results come in
They don’t half go all out though
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I was supposed to arrive in Florida yesterday and intended to stay up tonight to watch some of the results come in
They don’t half go all out though
We were in the hotel at Gatwick when the result came through that Trump had won. I was really shocked but I don't remember there being as much fuss.
We should have been going on 16th.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They all seem so enthusiastic out in America! Our political rallies don't seem to attract the same fervour.

Lots of non mask wearing too, it can't be safe!
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
They all seem so enthusiastic out in America! Our political rallies don't seem to attract the same fervour.

Lots of non mask wearing too, it can't be safe!
More like football fans I think.
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Yes and no as I don’t listen to it! I don’t watch that much news now and keep up to date online but don’t read anything in detail about the US election. I understand that those of you who own property over there will be more invested in what is happening.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

It has such a huge global impact, more so than our own elections (which is why brexit has had more international interest due to its more global impact... among other things but will leave that there as this isn't a political thread!) it's not surprising, plus Trump has been a drama unfolding since he declared he was running so I think it peaks people's curiosity even if they aren't political. I'm hoping the election result is the start of the tide turning after a mad 4 years, globally.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Is it just me who feels we are hearing more about the US election than we ever do our own. It's even knocked Covid and Lockdown into the he background.
I think it's because it goes on forever. Ours is basically done and dusted in a few weeks, there's last for years... In fact, I think they spend more time campaigning than running the country.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We were in universal on Election Day last time in one of the Harry Potter rides folks in front had we’ve voted badges on DH asked who they though would win
There answer it’s not like we have a great choice a liar or an idiot but he’s at least a business man
So who knows this time
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We were in the hotel at Gatwick when the result came through that Trump had won. I was really shocked but I don't remember there being as much fuss.
We should have been going on 16th.
We were on a Caribbean cruise on the 2016 Election Day.
One couple who spoke to were devastated by the result. Another lady wasn’t a Trump supporter but really disliked (stronger term used) Clinton so was pleased she didn’t win.
Others who were talking were very polite with each other.
Last year we became friendly with a couple, the lady was a US citizen but was born & educated in Scotland, she had sought us out for company as she liked to talk to fellow Scots. They were friendly and talked at length about family, employment and loads of other subjects. From their attitude I suspect they were Democrats but when I asked the woman how she felt about Trump I got no response at all - not even we don’t talk politics,
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List