Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Not quite the same bit I looked out into our garden the other day to see a rat on the bird table!
They're building near the back of our house and must've disturbed them, been here 7 years and never seen one in the garden before.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We get them frequently thanks to the cats thinking they are being kind brining them in to us. We've got quite good at catching them and have a humane trap hidden in the house to try and get them if we can't but also have poison under the kitchen cupboards too which is a favourite place for them to go. Found one "asleep" in the tray last week.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi at present we’ve caught 5 in traps in our roof space over the last week. My wife was getting some presents out of the roof space she had set aside and a large bar of chocolate had been eaten into.In the autumn it’s the usual time for them as they come in for heat. We live in the country side so are always likely to have some. They can get in through spaces you wouldn’t think possible.
Not to alarm you but seldom is it just 1.
No harm to set a couple of traps.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We heard our trap go off during the night. We get them in the loft on and off for at least 9-10 yrs .
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

If you have emergency cover on your household insurance it usually covers " rodent infestation ". I called my company they told me even 1 mouse constitutes an infestation and they sent a company out to deal with it.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

My daughter had one in the cottage she rents. Her finance caught it with a humane mouse trap left with some popcorn in. He let it go and its been back a couple of times, well maybe it was a different one. I said no wonder with a warm house and popcorn waiting 😁
She swore the bedroom curtains smelt and reckons the mouse had peed on them! She took them to be dry cleaned.
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 09:21 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We have two cats one has the esteemed hunting record of once killing an injured moth that could not fly and the other anything that moves. To be fair he rarely brings them in but drops them outside I can handle the mice and birds not so keen on the rabbits
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List