Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Well having not planned to book for next year and just wing it last minute, when I saw this thread on my lunch, I booked us to PE tickets 10th of October for 10 nights.

Not been in October for many years so hope it's good weather
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
figment
Earning My Ears

I finally had a response from VA.

There is a response to your open inquiry:

You're through to Mark today. I'm sorry for the delayed response.. . If you have now already booked at the sale rate, and the dates are before the 31st of August 2021, you can then change to open tickets, however when re-booking the standard amount of points would be required. You can't book the sale ticket and keep the sale price for the re-booking to later dates.
figment is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I've got the same arrangement with some tickets I bought for cash (well, credit card) at the weekend.

If they don't cancel the flight and I can't travel because of restrictions, then they will rebook me for free, but not necessarily at the same price. My tickets were Upper Class, a bargain at £900, but only if the flight in April can take me. If not and I have to rebook to August for example, the tickets then were £1600, and that was in the sale which may not be still running by the time I have to rebook. They are offering up to £350 discount if the price is higher but it still means I'd be paying at least £350 per ticket extra which I would rather not.

I consider about £1000 per ticket to be top of the shop for a flight to Orlando and I compromise on class up to that limit. That usually means Economy.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Currently on hold (urgh Bittersweet Symphony again), as I've been told via the messenging service that I already have 'the best deal' with the 50% Black Friday sale and that using my companion vouchers retrospectively, from my cancelled flight, would cost me more points - how do they figure that one out! I'm sure some of you on here have used companion vouchers at the same time as the 50% miles Black Friday sale?
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I'm sure some of you on here have used companion vouchers at the same time as the 50% miles Black Friday sale?
Yeah, we got 2 x UC returns for 47400 miles, 1 companion voucher and £1283 (2 x £641.50 taxes)
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yeah, we got 2 x UC returns for 47400 miles, 1 companion voucher and £1283 (2 x £641.50 taxes)
Thank you. Still on hold... just 1hr 35 so far...
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

, as I've been told via the messenging service that I already have 'the best deal' with the 50% Black Friday sale and that using my companion vouchers retrospectively, from my cancelled flight, would cost me more points - how do they figure that one out!
Just had a thought, maybe adding the voucher makes the system recalculate the mileage at full rates now the sale has ended?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Currently on hold (urgh Bittersweet Symphony again), as I've been told via the messenging service that I already have 'the best deal' with the 50% Black Friday sale and that using my companion vouchers retrospectively, from my cancelled flight, would cost me more points - how do they figure that one out! I'm sure some of you on here have used companion vouchers at the same time as the 50% miles Black Friday sale?
Did you ask to use the voucher when booking?

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Just had a thought, maybe adding the voucher makes the system recalculate the mileage at full rates now the sale has ended?
I'm wondering that too. Managed to get through and the chap seems very confused
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Did you ask to use the voucher when booking?

Jill
I couldn't as I was waiting for it to be returned to my account from the booking I cancelled. I was assured at the time I could use it retrospectively.

It's not the end of the world if I can't as I'll just use it against another booking