Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 12, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I think it is a good deal. I personally would be leery if the price was too low especially with dates that far out. The owner could be in trouble with low prices and not able to maintain the villa to a good standard. Usually the larger homes have much larger pools and pool decks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thumperrabbit
Very Serious Dibber

thumperrabbit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Blimey I paid £1900 for a week in France last year for 6 folk. I think that Florida villas are fantastic value when you factor in all the amenities that usually are provided.
Old 1 May 12, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some very good advice on here!
Think you have bargain..
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I'm not buying the place.
Well if you were were talking half a million dollars probably and the running costs will be thousands $s a month A caravan in UK is £1000 per week in the summer

Edited at 03:42 PM.
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
Well if you were were talking half a million dollars probably and the running costs will be thousands $s a month A caravan in UK is £100 per week in the summer
7 nights in a caravan for eight people in Devon is £965, or you could have a luxury villa for 14 people for £1000.
Old 1 May 12, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Frontal View Post
7 nights in a caravan for eight people in Devon is £965, or you could have a luxury villa for 14 people for £1000.

My son, partner and two children aged 2 and 7 have just paid £600 for a weeks holiday in a 2 bedroom caravan in devon 28ft by 10ft. I also think you are getting a bargain.

Gilly
Old 1 May 12, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I have travelled to Florida since I was a child and the villa prices nowadays are so high for what you actually get. My father used to own and rent villas so I also have first hand knowledge of the ins and out of a villa and I am taking into consideration the cost of living going up but serious £1000 a week is in my opinion far to much.

I haven't named names or put links up I am just saying that the cost for a 6/7 bed villa is a lot of money for what you actually get.

Oh and I wasn't taking about renting off here. I was talking in general.
I have been travelling to Florida for 19 years and have owned since 2003. In that time my prices have gone up once. The amount of competition determines your rate and having rented myself before owning, back in 2002 a 4 bed was £450/£500 a week. Rates perse have not risen with inflation ..totally the opposite. You only need to look at the MLS in the last 3 years and look at bank owned properties where the owner has just walked away to see that low rates = bankruptcy. So many owners relied on TOs who paid low rates and they have suffered most ,so much so that the inventory is not there for them and Virgin are scrambling around to find homes for guests they cant house. Based on that rates will rise and after 7 years with no increase its about time.
Compared to anywhere else Florida Villas have been a bargain and still are. I am just sorting out a trip for California for September and the rates for holiday rentals make mine look a pittance.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We rented a 7 bedroomed villa at Emerald Island in 2003 and it cost us £750 a week.
I would expect to pay £1000-£2000 a week almost 10 years on.
The majority of people would not be a family paying solely and would usually be 2/3 families sharing the cost, thus making it a pretty cheap way of getting luxury accomodation.
Have you looked at the same standard and sized accomodation anywhere else like Europe?
Now that is eye watering

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread