Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Stuffed 😋 Just been for the discounted meal. 2 courses each and 2 drinks for £23... bargain!
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Had Carvery tonight at local pub. The set up was excellent as was the food service. You walked along the Carvery pointing out what you wanted and the server added it to your plate then pass it to you. All food was covered by large plastic partitions. One way system in place. No control over toilets though and more than one family at a time allowed in.

The night was slightly spoilt with waitress bending right over us to collect plates even though we were trying to pass them along to the end. My wife felt her breath on her cheek so if she has it now so does my wife 🙁
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I did notice that the waitresses got too close because I actually moved in my chair when she came to the table, she obviously saw me and didn't do it again, it's not good enough though, but they don't seem to care.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We decided to go to Nandos today but as there was a 2 hour wait ended up in Morrisons cafe ! Two sandwiches, bowl of chips, side salad and two drinks for a fiver.
Unfortunately I still can’t go out with my friend because of our lockdown ( it doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone else though ! )
I wasn’t sure if I could still use my NHS card in Nandos.
It is nice this discount but Slimming World starts back next week and my weight gain over lockdown has been a disaster already
We did Nandos today, had to otder on app at table and i forgot to ask for NHS discount, but Nandos now have this capped at 20% for first £20, so £4. Got 2 adult meals, chicken burger for me and 3 bottomless drinks - £15.48.
Old 13 Aug 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We live in a small rural village, we have a fantastic village pub who do the gretest of foods ( all home made) , they have been brilliant throughout lockdown , and we have supported them throughout.
Last night was our second visit , and we have tables booked for for the next two weeks also .
Will also be frequenting them once the offer stops.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Been out a few times, walked out of two places where I just did not feel safe however managed to visit another three and felt very comfortable there. These were local family run places where the hygiene has always been top notch and the owners are always there keeping an eye on things. Hoping to go back to one of them next week .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Morrison’s cafe are doing this every day until the 31st..
Been extremely busy with this and us staff are totally frazzled
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Morrison’s cafe are doing this every day until the 31st..
Been extremely busy with this and us staff are totally frazzled
Thanks for this. For clarity, do you mean every day or every Monday-weds til 31st? I can imagine there is high demand for this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Thanks for this. For clarity, do you mean every day or every Monday-weds til 31st? I can imagine there is high demand for this.
It is every day of the week. They are even still doing kids eat free !
Apparently there was a long queue for a cooked breakfast last weekend !
For social distancing , cleanliness and track and trace Morrison’s is the best place I have been to.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I can confirm it is everyday of the week until 31st August. Breakfast is served until 12pm. Kids eat free with adult meals. All the drinks , cakes etc are also in the offer.
It has been very popular so please take into account sometimes there can be queues. Do to such high demand there has been and a issue with availability of some items .

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List